Independence Day is obviously a special day for every country. In terms of the total number of people in a country, India is one of the biggest countries in the world. Happy Independence Day India brings a great moment for every people in India. Almost everyone willingly participates in the celebration ceremony and spend a very busy day having a lot of fun and enjoyment. In this article, we are going to discuss some important facts about the independence day of India.
Happy Independence Day India Date
The date of happy Independence Day India is on 15th August every year. India got its independence on this day in 1947. India is celebrating its 74th independence this year. The country got independence by breaking the shackles of oppression and deprivation. Before gaining independence, India was under the rule by the British Empire.
Some Important Facts about Happy Independence Day India
India becomes the largest democratic country in the world just after gaining its independence. There are a lot of historic moments and incidents associated with Independence Day of India. Below are some of the interesting and important facts about happy Independence Day India:
- India is celebrating its 74th Independence on 15th August 2020.
- The Independence movement of India is largely noted for civil disobedience and non-violent resistance.
- The countries independence has coincided with the partition of India when India and Pakistan become two separate countries based on the religious aspect.
- Before gaining independence, India was ruled by the British Empire for 200 years.
- Some of the greatest freedom fighters are Neta Ji Subash Chandra Bose, Mahatma Gandhi, Bhagat Singh, Mangal Pandey, Rani LakshiBai, Sarojini Naidu, Chandra Shekhar Azad, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, and a lot more.
How to Celebrate Happy Independence Day India?
People celebrate happy Independence Day India in a lot of activities. The day is mostly celebrated with a lot of patriotism by honoring all the freedom fighters and others for their sacrifices. Flag-raising ceremonies are conducted and special programs, parties, seminars, etc. are hosted all over the country on this day. In the morning on this day, the Indian Prime Minister unfurls the national flag attending a ceremony at the Red Fort monument in Old Delhi where a large number of people come together.
Happy Independence Day India is really a day for people across the country to celebrate, have a party, arrange a feast, and gather knowledge on this day. Different states of the country remain busy through different activities to observe this greatest day.