Every year last Monday of May we mourn and honor Our departed souls of war on National Memorial Day. On this day we solemnly remember our national heroes of the United States Armed forces who sacrificed their lives on the battlefield. This day has been celebrated as a national holiday since 1971. Here is some Memorial Day Prayer for the upcoming 31 May.
Best Memorial Day Prayer Collections
- Oh dear God, may the members of our armed forces be blessed with the fortitude to face every battlefield. May they trust in God’s mighty power to accomplish every task they come across. Let our military brothers and sisters enlighten with our love and support. Lift those heavy hearts who have lost their beloved for the sake of the country’s sovereignty. Bless those families with your strength and peace.
Check also: 10 Best Pray For The Fallen Soldiers
- Dear Lord, bless our country with victory on every battlefield. Shower your blessing on those souls whom we lost in war. May we remember these sacrifices of great soldiers always with deep gratitude. This sacrifice will encourage us in the selfless love of your son our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Dear heavenly Father, We ask that you would grant sagacity to the leaders of our armed forces. Usher them with your wisdom and make them strong in their decisions. May they be led by your will as they pursue our nation’s freedom. May The USA always remain the land of free. We continue to pray for peace to prevail on earth. We seek an end to the violence and conflict around the world.
- In the name of Jesus Christ, we pray in the Memorial Day.
- God bless America, Amen.
- The freedom we enjoy every day is possible for the ultimate sacrifice of our national heroes, our fallen troops.
- Today we remember those brave-hearted souls who have relinquished on the battlefield. We proudly think of them, how they have followed in the footsteps of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Dear Lord, accept their sacrifices and bestow them with heaven as you have promised. Cover them and protect them in your strong arm and your sheltering grace dear Almighty. Protect their family also from the suffering of losing their beloved. Today we remember the family members of our departed heroes. May the Almighty bless them. May the Almighty bless America.
A Memorial Day Invocation Prayer
An invocation is the opening prayer of a memorial service that typically comes after the celebrants have been introduced. It marks the true start of the ceremony.
Welcome everyone. Please bow your heads and join us in prayer.
On this Memorial Day, we come before the Creator of mankind to remember those who bravely served our great country and, as a result of their service, were called home by our Lord.
Father, we ask for Your blessing upon the souls of those good men and women who gave their last breath in defense of our nation, our freedom, and our children’s future. We also ask You to bless everyone gathered here today, and grant us the strength to rise to the challenges of our time and meet them in full faith that You will always be with us.
May we glorify You in all that we do, Lord, today and every day. Amen.
Bible readings are often a part of memorial services. Psalm 27 includes verses that are perfect to use as the beginning of your prayer, as shown in this example.
Please rise if you’re able and bow your heads in prayer.
Psalm 27:3-4 says, “Though an army besieges me, my heart will not fear; though war breaks out against me, even then I will be confident. One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.”
Today we bow our heads and our hearts to You, Lord, that we may remember those who paid the ultimate price by giving their lives for their country. We can never be grateful enough for the sacrifices they made, and we are humbled by their willingness to put their own lives aside for the benefit of ours. Father, carve their sacrifices into our hearts so we may never forget the loss of these heroes.
We pray for this in the Holy name of Your son Jesus. Amen.
A Prayer of Thanks for God’s Blessings
This prayer focuses on the particular blessings that have made the nation so remarkable. It fits in well at the mid-point of the service.
Let us pray.
Father, You have blessed our country with great bounty.
For this, we are thankful.
Lord, You have always imbued Your chosen ones with bravery and a willingness to serve.
For this, we thank You.
Father, You have blessed this nation with an indomitable spirit and determination to remain free.
For this, we are thankful.
Lord, we pray You’ll help us always be grateful for the sacrifices that have been made to keep the U.S.A. the land of the free. May it always remain so. Amen.
The national mourning day originally instituted in 1868 following the civil war. It was celebrated as a decoration day to decorate the graves of fallen soldiers. After World War I, Memorial Day became a day to commemorate all the armed service members who have died in American wars till now. We pray Memorial Day prayers on this day.