18 October is celebrated as Health Care Aide Day and the day was first established by the government of Manitoba, Canada, to commemorate health care workers. Because these talented professionals work around the clock in a variety of situations (from emergency care to home, community, and residential care), they are always the caregivers for the illest and most needy parts of the population. There are more than 8,000 healthcare assistants in Manitoba, but this number has grown even more in recent years. In any public medical system, medical assistants are indispensable.
History of Health Care Aide Day
In the 19th century, hospitals were the only choice option of taking care of sick people. It was not until the beginning of the 20th century that the concept of dispatching well-trained health professionals to places where patients were held was accelerated. In 1909, MetLife introduced its first family health insurance, which changed the face of healthcare. Over the next 15 years, more than 1 million family health visits occurred in insurance. The incidence of infectious diseases has fallen, and it is clear that this new form of medical care has improved the quality of life and longevity. In 1997, when the Balanced Budget Act was passed 1997, medical workers, especially health care assistants, suffered some losses. The bill cuts medical insurance family benefits, preventing many people in need from accessing health care assistants. As a result, more than 3,000 home care institutions closed down and the number of home health care visits decreased. However, since then, new payment plans and plans have emerged to make the service easier for those in need.
Today, it is clear that healthcare assistants have revolutionized healthcare. Being able to take care of the sick and disabled in one’s own home is safer, more comfortable, and more dignified than in the hospital. A 2004 study found that approximately 23 million American families are caring for patients over 18 years of age or people in need. This kind of care is very expensive according to the American Family Nursing Association’s estimate of about 257 billion U.S. dollars! Well-trained professional health care assistants can help solve many of our collective national health care problems-and they have done so throughout their history.
Celebration of Health Care Aide Day
Express Your Love for Healthcare Assistants
This might look like a plate of homemade cookies, a voluntary nanny night so they can relax, or even just a phone call or a card. On this day, all acts of gratitude, no matter how big or small, are valuable! Let the healthcare assistants in your life know that you care about them.
Understand the Profession
Whether your interests lie elsewhere or you are still deciding on the life you want, check out the Health Care Assistant Specialty. As the population ages, this is a stable and (possibly) high-paying job. In addition, a great way to pay tribute to healthcare assistants is to learn about their actual work!
Post #HealthCareAideDay on Social Media
Increase your awareness (with their consent) visibility of healthcare assistance on social media! Post a picture or caption about how grateful you are to the healthcare assistants in your life. Someone in your circles might appreciate a healthcare assistant they know because of your post!
Some Interesting Facts about Healthcare Assistants
As the population ages, more home health and personal care assistants are needed than ever before—in fact, this job is expected to grow by 70% between 2010 and 2022.
Average Salary is not Enough
The average salary was only $19 per hour that is not enough after the agency layoffs, health care workers saw even less of this money.
Until the 1950s, family health care assistants were unable to receive social security benefits, even though Congress passed the Social Security Act in 1935.
Many family health workers rely on government assistance
Due to extremely low wages and long working hours, approximately 40% of home healthcare assistants rely on Medicaid, food stamps, or other government-run public assistance programs.
Why Health Care Aide Day is Important
It pays tribute to the noble
Health care assistants are noble persons and underpaid people whose work has a huge impact on the lives of the people. Medical care assistants do a lot of important work and deserve recognition and some relaxing time on this day.
It has brought tremendous pressure to this industry
The noble profession of home medical care has achieved great personal satisfaction by helping others, and it has grown rapidly with the aging of the population! Healthcare Assistant Day is important news in the industry, and more healthcare assistant careers may be launched!
It highlights injustice
For generations, the salaries of home healthcare workers, assistants, and personal care workers have been underestimated and ignored. After institutions have slashed already low wages, almost half of them need government assistance. About 20% said that putting food on the table is usually difficult. For these valuable members of our society, it is important to pay attention to how poorly they are treated.
Healthcare Aide Day Wishes and Greetings
- Let us bow down our heads in respect to the real heroes of our society, the medical workers. Let us make this day productive by expressing our gratitude to them in various ways. Happy Healthcare Aide Day, people.
- On this magnificent day, let us show appreciation and give heartfelt thanks to the health workers of our nation who are devoting their life for treating the ailing ones and forgetting totally about themselves. Happy medicos day.
- The medical workers are no less than God to who are risking their own life just save the patient’s life without even expecting a proper credit for their priceless service. Let us spare a day to extend gratitude to them.
- We must understand and value the pivotal role health care workers are playing to provide us a flawless health system and cure us with the finest accuracy and diligence. We must celebrate this day with the utmost importance.
- We must recognize and deeply pay regard from our hearts to those who gave up their whole life so that we can lead a healthy and normal life. Let us make this day a great scope to acknowledge these frontline workers.
- Medicos are the primary savior of mankind and we must consider them as the real heroes of our lives. Happy Healthcare Aide Day, natives.
- This day is surely one of the most celebrated and honorable days in Canada as on this day we appreciate, give deep regards, and show our heartfelt respect to the real victors of the society.
- Healthcare workers are just knights with laboratory coats, stethoscope, and masks as their shields and armors. Let us take some firm and effective steps to make these knights in shining armors our celebutante on this glorious day.
- We must know and comply with the fact that the health care workers are sacrificing their every day just to see us disease-free and healthy. We must act in a disciplined way just to give them some relaxation on this magnificent day.
- Let us raise our voices, shout out loud, and sing a chorus of thanksgiving for the real celebrities of our nation. Let us make this day a remarkable one for them.
- The medicos are those who have taken the whole responsibilities of the society on their arms without even a wrinkle on their forehead or irritation in their behavior. Kudos to their selflessness.
- Let us also pray for the safety, welfare, and good health of those health workers who have made their day and night equal just to make us cured and to make our dear one’s tension free and relieved.
- We must keep in mind that medicines only help us eradicate the disease from our bodies, but only the medicos, help us heal physically and mentally. Let say show our deep regards to them on this optimistic day.
- Let us appreciate the medicos on this day with full zeal for the wonderful care they have taken of us on every day, and treating us like their family and making the hospitals and the healthcare center their second home.
- No dreadful ailments can win over in front of the medicos we are having in our society. They will surely embrace death to save us from dangerous diseases. Happy Healthcare Aide Day to your heroes.
- Every day the health workers have to deal with many, critical and highly intolerable patients with utmost politeness without even demanding their credit. Let us esteem them with an open heart on this promising day.
- On this shining day let us thank the benevolent medicos with our heart and soul for spending most of the precious time curing us and providing us the mental support to fight all those severe sickness and maladies.
- We all are indebted to the healthcare workers for standing by us whenever we had suffered and for enriching us with their motivational and inspirational words which have strengthened us from within.
Health care Aide Day Messages
♦ A feeling of thankfulness must work inside us for the medicos who have treated us and risked their lives for us. It is our duty to express our deep gratefulness and show our sense of obligation to them on this glittering day.
♦ We must give importance that the medicos are the most integral part of our society and sans their contribution, civilization would be handicapped. Their honest benefaction is working as the foundation of a healthy society.
♦ We should avoid being self-centered. Let us extend our helping hand to the medicos who are fighting the pandemic risking their life in this while. Let us be their ray hopes on this wonderful day.
♦ When we pray to god for the betterment of the health of our dear ones, God creates Medicos and health workers, who come to us as the angels of God and help to cure our hardest ailments with all their might.
♦ Let us explain to the originally celebrated personalities about how much we are obliged to them for their noble and substantial surface for the human welfare and betterment of the society. Happy Healthcare Aide day, knights.
♦ Medicos are for sure the prominent messengers of God who are vanishing our critical ailments and maladies by their magical and healing touch. Let us take us a moment and congratulate and thank them for their priceless jobs.
♦ Before calling them sterling health workers we must recognize and appraise them and understand their worth as a bona fide human beings. True gems- that is who they are.
♦ The efficient way the medicos are handling every messed up thing of the current situation is appreciable and acknowledgeable and they deserve a big salute from each one of us. Let us make this day a special one for them.
♦ When there is an ardent love for medical sciences and therapeutics, there always arises an affection for humanity, compassion, and kindness. On this Healthcare Aide day, let us worship these humanitarian faces of the almighty.
♦ Those who are passionate about treating humankind, acknowledge authority and liability much more than prerogatives. Let us make these honest servers the most famous ones on this Healthcare Aide Day.
♦ Let us take out some valuable time from our overwrought schedule to appreciate and acknowledge and send a note of deep regards and gratitude to the amazing and truly dedicated medicos of our society on this pivotal day.
♦ It is our great advantage to get the best treatment from the greatest medicos present in our society. Let us thank God for giving us a privileged life and allowing us to witness some unforgettable moments with the health workers.
♦ The constant efforts of the front line health workers are the sole reason that our society is still standing strong amidst the deadly viral infection.Let us pledge to do something exceptional and unusual for those fighters.
♦ Let us uplift the role of the medicos who are not even caring for their survival only to provide us sturdy and steady security and are constantly contributing and donating their valuable time to save the nation.
♦ Medication, cure, and healing are all about orderly arranging the stubborn will power of an individual to fight and survive against a dreadful disease and this positive mindset is instilled by the medicos into a human being.
♦ We can put up with a sore and aching recuperation, only if we get a warm and delightful behavior from the health workers A wonderful doctor and medical staffs definitely make our day and take away all our pain.
♦ The medical facilities we are enjoying today are all because of the wonderful and efficient healthcare workers in our society. Let us excuse some of the time from our hectic routine to thank them on this sanctified day.
♦ On this promising and glorified day, we must appreciate the prolonged struggles of the doctors and the nurses for diminishing the crisis we are facing in this pandemic situation and stretching out their helping hand to us.
♦ Medicos are no less than the twinkling stars of the sky who brightens and enlightens our minds by their dazzling shine and takes away all our maladies by their magical touch. Let us bow down before them on this special day.
♦ Let the most critical ailments get defeated in front of the efficiency of the healthcare workers on this promising and bright day. Let the honest labor of our medicos live long and forever.
Healthcare Aide Day Quotes:
- “Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also a love of humanity.” –Hippocrates
- “The best thing about stethoscope is, you can turn deaf to all the noise, and listen to the truth. If only, for a minute.” –Sara Jothi
- “Wear the white coat with dignity and pride, it is an honor and privilege to get to serve the public as a physician.” –Bill H. Warren
- “The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.” – Voltaire
- “Prevention is better than cure.” —Unknown
- “Health is not valued till sickness comes.” – Thomas Fuller
- “Helping those in need is not charity, it’s humanity.” – Abhijit Naskar
- “Good health and good sense are two of life’s greatest blessings.” —Publilius Syrus
- “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “No doctor knows everything. There’s a reason why it’s called “practicing” medicine.” – Anonymous