The Best Approach How to Delete Your Tinder Account
With about 75 million active users, Tinder is the most widely used online dating service in the world. People all across the world use it to find romances, hookups, and friendships. Even yet, there are a number of situations in which you might wish to completely deactivate your Tinder account.
In fact, you could have discovered the right person for you! Or the recent news about Tinder’s safety and privacy practices has made you a bit uneasy.
In either case, closing a Tinder account is rather simple. We describe how to remove your Tinder account on computers and mobile devices in this post.
How to Delete Your Tinder Account
Using the app or the website, you may cancel your Tinder account. Below, we’ll walk you through the procedure for deactivating your account on each platform.
How to delete a Tinder account on iOS or Android
- Launch the Tinder app.
- At the bottom right of the screen, choose the profile symbol.
- By clicking the “Gear” button located beneath your display image, you may access the settings.
- Click the “Delete account” link at the bottom of the Settings menu after scrolling down.
- You may now opt to deactivate or pause your account in order to hide detection. To completely deactivate Tinder, select “Delete my account” instead.
- The next step is to be asked why you want to delete Tinder. Any more justification is appropriate.
- If you wish to stop or cancel your Tinder account, the app will ask you once more. Once you click “Delete My Account,” your Tinder profile will be permanently removed.
How to delete a Tinder account using a web browser
- Log in to your account on the Tinder website.
- In the upper-left corner of the screen, click the profile symbol. Your name and display photo should be on there.
- The menu pane that appears on the left side of your screen should be scrolled all the way down.
- The “Delete Account” button should be clicked.
- When given the choice to conceal or remove your profile, choose “Delete My Account.”
On the following window, confirm your choice there as well.
Please take note that deleting your account will not immediately terminate your Tinder Gold, Premium, or Plus membership. Depending on where you bought your membership, generally the App Store or Google Play Store, you will need to cancel it individually.
Last Words on deleting Tinder for good
There are strong reasons to deactivate Tinder, even if it is the preferred dating app for millions of users worldwide. The greatest justification for deleting Tinder may be that you’ve found someone and are no longer in need of it, or that you’ve had enough of online dating.
In any event, removing Tinder on computers or mobile devices is a simple procedure. However, keep in mind that closing your account does not immediately terminate your Tinder membership.
By using the advice in this post, you can keep your Tinder experience private if that’s what you choose. Similar advice has also been compiled by us for other applications like Happn and Grindr.