Independence Movement day history, importance and celebration
Independence Movement Day is an essential holiday in South Korea. It celebrated the country’s independence from Japan in 1945. The holiday was first celebrated on March 1st when Japan signed the surrender agreement and ended the war.
Importance of independence movement day
– Independence Movement Day is a time to remember the struggle of the Korean people against Japanese imperialism.
– Obviously, It is a time to celebrate the country’s progress and democracy. The holiday is a national holiday, and schools and businesses are closed.
– Independence Movement Day is a time to reflect on the history of India and the struggle for independence.
– Moreover, It is also a time to celebrate the achievements of the Indian people and look forward to a bright future for India.
History of independence Movement day
Independence Movement day is an important part of South Korea’s history. It marked the country’s independence from Japan when 33 leaders began the movement after ten years of Japanese rule. This day also commemorates the mass demonstration against Japan in Seoul on March 1st, 1919.
Results of the war:
More than 2,000,000 Koreans had attended the over 1,500 demonstrations within 12 months. Then, the Japanese soldier tries to suppress them. Later, the Japanese soldiers and police killed About 7,000 people and wounded about 16,000 people.
Not only that, They destroyed 47 churches, 715 private houses as well as two school buildings by fire. After that, They arrested 46,000 people, of whom some 10 thousand were convicted and tried.
That’s why Koreans celebrate progress and democracy with the respect that has been achieved since then.
How to celebrate independence national day
The holiday is celebrated with many events and activities throughout the country. This ndependence three-One Movement Day is an integral part of South Korea’s history and culture, and it should be remembered and celebrated by all. You may follow some ways you can celebrate March 1st Movement Day:
- Attend a parade or rally in your city or town.
- Watch a speech by an Indian political leader or activist.
- Visit a museum or art gallery that has exhibits about Indian history.
- Enjoy traditional Indian food and music.
- Do Light fireworks in the evening to mark the end of the celebration.
What is Independence Movement Day Slogan
Generally, Korean protesters’ slogan was “Long live Korean independence!” during the movement.
Where was Korea first declared international of Korea?
The Government first declared the day at a rally in Tapgol Park of Seoul city.
Is Independence movement day a national holiday?
As it is a national holiday, schools and businesses are closed. This national holiday was on March 1st and is celebrated with parades, speeches, and fireworks.
What are Events are celebrated in South Korea during this holiday?
Many events and activities are held throughout South Korea to mark Independence Movement day. These include speeches, parades, concerts, and fireworks displays.
What is another name of movement day?
The other names are the Three-One Movement, ‘Samil Jeol’ or March 1st Movement.
Thanks for reading! Have a happy Independence Movement Day!