National Nutrition Month History, theme, Tips, slogan, Celebration & Quotes
National Nutrition Month is a great time to focus on making minor changes to your diet that can significantly impact your health. By personalizing your plate, you can create a proper meal plan for you and your lifestyle.
History of National Nutrition Month
Nutritionists first started it at the American Dietetic Association in 1973 as a way to focus attention on the importance of good nutrition and healthy eating habits. We all have different dietary needs, so choosing foods that fit our own unique lifestyles is important.
Nutrition Month Dates
Generally, National Nutrition Month is celebrated every year in the United States during the month of March.
National Nutrition Month Theme
National Nutrition Month has a different theme, which guides developing nutritious diets and establishing healthy eating habits. The theme for Nutrition Month is “Personalize Your Plate.” Moreover, this year’s theme emphasizes the importance of making smart choices about our foods based on our individual needs and preferences.
That’s why here are some tips to help you personalize your plate:
– Make half your plate fruits and vegetables. Veggies & Fruits are packed with nutrients that can help improve your overall health. Aim for a variety of colours and types to get the most benefit.
– Choose whole-grain options when possible. The reason is whole grains contain more fibre and nutrients than refined or processed grains. Besides, they can help you feel fuller longer and have more energy.
– Incorporate lean protein into your meals. Lean protein provides essential nutrients and can help you feel satisfied after eating. Choose leaner cuts of meat, skinless poultry, fish, beans, tofu, and eggs as good protein sources.
– Cut back on added sugars. According to health specialists, Too much sugar can lead to weight gain and other health problems. When choosing foods, look for items that are lower in sugar or have no added sugar.
– Drink plenty of water. The main fact is that water is essential for our bodies to function correctly. It can help us stay hydrated, regulate our body temperature, and carry nutrients throughout our bodies.
Quotes about National Nutrition Month:
- ” This Month is the perfect time to evaluate our eating habits and make changes where needed. We can improve our overall health by making small adjustments to our diets.” – Jill Weisenberger, MS, RDN.
- ” National Nutrition Month is a time to focus on the importance of good nutrition and healthy eating habits. Additionally, it’s also a great opportunity to learn more about making healthier choices for ourselves and our families.” – American Academy of Family Physicians.
- ” National Nutrition Month is a time to celebrate the joys of healthy eating. It’s a time to focus on the foods.
- We love how they can help us live healthier lives.” – National Institutes of Health
How to celebrate Nutrition Month?
As we know, Nutrition Month is celebrated every year in the United States during the month of March. Nutritionists first started it at the American Dietetic Association in 1973 as a way to focus attention on the importance of good nutrition and healthy eating habits.
Besides, National Nutrition Month has a different theme every year, which guides developing nutritious diets and establishing healthy eating habits. Share your plans in the comments below!