National Publicist Day is celebrated on October 30th every year to thank and affirm the work done by public relations professionals to ensure correct communication and spread to the world. In today’s highly self-righteous world, rumors and fake news spread faster, and we need public relations staff to let us tell the truth directly from the horse’s mouth.
History of National Publicist Day
Many years ago, a famous publicist Jordana Stephen designated October 30th as National Publicist Day to commemorate this landmark event. Every year since 2015, PR people have been praised for their outstanding behind-the-scenes work. On this day, public relations personnel and people related to public relations will hold events, seminars, and conferences to get a general understanding of what is happening in their careers. Since PR people mainly work behind the scenes, they need to go out and pat their backs to ensure that people get proper communication. Today, as the Internet accelerates the speed of news dissemination, its role has become more important. Before the public becomes a victim of false news and rumors, it becomes crucial to deliver the correct information to them.
Celebration of National Publicists Day
Express love for public relations staff
If you are a publicist yourself, please spread a message of appreciation for the work done by professionals like you. Send text messages to professional groups and ask your colleagues to spread the good news. If you are not a publicist, find one in your workplace, community, or social circle and thank them for their excellent work. Let the publicist feel good about their sometimes thankless work.
Host a Party
If you can, hold a “Public Relations Expo”; if you can’t, just invite them to a formal party. Invite as many PR people as possible. Don’t worry about creating an agenda, just let the movement flow. If holding a physical event is challenging, please choose a virtual event. Let the publicists expose their glory one day!
Use #NationalPublicistDay or #PublicistDay to spread the good news on social media. Speak out to all public relations staff and make them grateful for their generally thankless contributions. Tell the world that you are proud of the work done by public relations people.
Job Responsibilities, Tasks, and Responsibilities of Publicist
- Meet with corporate clients to determine their needs for media presence.
- Provide customers with information on how to deal with the presence of media and the baggage that comes with it.
- Develop and implement a publicity plan to ensure proper media coverage.
- Plan and execute strategies to surpass the potential competition in the arena.
- Develop a list of creative publicity and targeted outreach.
- Arrange for customers to attend events, take photos and do interviews.
- Guide customers to understand the positive or negative content that may appear in the eyes of the public.
- Develop and implement creative methods to keep clients informed about news.
- Identify the appropriate market for each customer and ensure that the promotion is spread in an effective way.
- Write press releases and assist in the creation and procurement of press kits and articles.
- Create editorial calendars and media lists to handle promotional events.
- Ensure that customer information and images are flooded on social media.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with key members of the media.
- Research the necessary communication channels to ensure that the client’s promotional goals are met.
- Proofread and review all media copies before publishing.
- Ensure partnership integration by handling the execution of incident details in an appropriate manner.
Importance of National Publicist Day
This is a day to thank the Publicist staff
The contribution of public relations personnel is often overlooked. Many people in the industry often lament that this is a thankless job. On this day, we can thank them and thank them for their efforts to accurately provide us with important information.
This is the day to commemorate the first press release ever
If it weren’t for that day in 1906, public relations personnel would never have achieved professional status in the professional field. On National Publicist Day, people, especially public relations professionals, can pay tribute to Ivy Lee’s actions in shaping this National Publicist Day.
This is the Day of Public Network
If you work in an organization without a public relations team, then today is the day to learn all about public relations work. Attend events and learn about the role of public relations staff in building a reputation. If you are a PR professional, please connect with like-minded people, share problems and find solutions.