We are here with 200+ Thoughtful Unique Boss’s Day Messages that’s some Inspirational and Funny. If you have a great boss, you are one of the lucky ones. According to Gallup, only about 10 percent of those in management positions have a natural talent for the job.
The rest can learn the skills necessary to motivate and inspire, but that means a rocky road for their teams in the interim. In other words, good leaders are hard to come by. If you have one that creates a positive culture, places a premium on recognition, and listens to your feedback, Boss’s Day (on October 16) is the perfect time to express your appreciation. Of course, it can be challenging to find just the right words for your Unique Boss’s Day messages, so these are a few suggestions to get you started.
Leaders that listen
It’s surprisingly rare to have a leader that is easy to approach, accepting of feedback, and open to two-way communication. On a five-point scale (five being highest), one study showed these responses to critical communication questions:
- Only 27 percent of employees gave the highest rating to the statement “I feel I can talk with my manager about non-work related issues.”
- Slightly more, 37 percent, gave the highest rating to the statement “I feel I can approach my manager with any type of question.”
If you work for a leader who rates a five in these areas, you’ve probably noticed that your team members are more engaged and productive than your peers in other departments. Here’s how to say thanks to the boss who makes that possible:
- Whether it’s a work-related concern or a personal issue, I know I can count on you for guidance and support. That is a rare quality in a leader, and I appreciate everything you do.
- I know it’s called Boss’s Day, but that doesn’t quite fit. I think of you as a coach, a mentor, and a leader. Thank you for your constant willingness to listen to my perspective – and to do something about it when you can.
- Thank you for always taking the time to listen to my feedback. Not only do you make me feel heard on a daily basis, but you truly listen and show you care by having meaningful conversations with me, then following up by taking action on my feedback.
- One day isn’t enough to recognize the work you put in all year-round. Thank you for always being willing to listen, helping us to meet our goals, and showing us how much you appreciate our efforts – even when things don’t go as planned. You are more than a boss – you are a leader.
- Whenever I feel discouraged, I know I can count on your support. Thank you for making me feel like a priority, no matter how busy you are.
- Leaders that truly listen are rare. Thanks for being one of them.
Managers that motivate
Does your company have a few departments or teams that are totally dysfunctional? If yours isn’t one of them, you probably have a highly-engaged manager. Studies show that a leader’s engagement in the job is responsible for at least 70 percent of the difference in engagement levels across teams.
One of the biggest signs of engaged leaders is their commitment to their team’s success. The most talented managers focus on team members’ strengths, not their weaknesses. At the same time, they have the sort of motivational skills that encourage employees to reach their own career goals.
If you show up every day highly-engaged and ready to do your best work, thank your boss for creating a positive, strengths-based team culture with these Boss’s Day messages:
- Jack Welch said, “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” Thanks for the hard work you put into my growth and development each day.
- A wise man once said, “The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.” Thank you for your commitment to helping me grow into a leader.
- According to Ray Kroc, “The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves.” The high standards you set for yourself are an inspiration to our team. Thank you!
- Happy Boss’s Day to a mentor and leader who knows how to keep us inspired!
- You are more than a boss. You challenge us to think bigger, step outside our comfort zones, and take smart risks to reach our full potential. That makes you a leader, and we appreciate everything you do.
- I have heard it said that average leaders raise the bar on themselves, good leaders raise the bar for others, and great leaders inspire others to raise their own bar. You are clearly a great leader, because you have motivated me to raise my own bar again and again. Thank you.
Bosses that appreciate
Everyone wants to be recognized for their efforts, but research shows that frequent, positive feedback is in short supply. When it comes to effective recognition, most companies are missing the mark:
- Less than half (49 percent) give performance-based recognition
- Only 36 percent give timely recognition
- Just 34 percent give recognition that is inclusive
- A mere 25 percent give recognition frequently
If you have a leader who prioritizes recognition and employee appreciation, these Boss’ Day messages may be right for you:
- It’s said that a good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, and a little less than his share of the credit. I’ve noticed that you live this every day. Thank you for being my biggest fan!
- You always make it a point to recognize my efforts. It’s a pleasure to have this opportunity to recognize yours. Thank you for your constant support and leadership, today and every day.
- Thank you for making it a priority to recognize my contributions every day. I appreciate the hard work and dedication you put into our team’s success.
- Thank you for always being my cheerleader and recognizing my everyday work.
- Thank you for always sharing words of appreciation and being a recognition champion for me and the team. Your support means the world.
- I’m always motivated to go the extra mile, because I know you appreciate my work. Thank you for putting a priority on recognizing my efforts each day – I’m grateful for your consistent and ongoing support.
- It’s nice to work for a boss who always recognizes and celebrates the team’s wins. You make it a pleasure to come in and give my best effort each day. Thank you!
Supervisors that care
Anyone who has been in the workforce for a few years has experienced the discomfort of reporting to a bad boss. In many cases, ineffective management is a primary driver for voluntary turnover. In fact, one survey showed that 50 percent of respondents left a job due to poor leadership at some point in their careers. If you have a boss that gives his or her all to the job every day, it’s worth recognizing that effort. These are Boss’s Day messages that show appreciation for leaders who care:
- Peter Drucker said, “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right thing.” Thanks for being our leader through even the most complicated situations.
- I know how busy you are, and I appreciate that you’re never too busy to provide guidance and support when I need it. Thank you!
- We notice the effort you put in to making this a great place to work, and we appreciate you – today and every day.
- Lots of people complain about work, but you never do. I know how fortunate I am to have a thoughtful, caring leader like you in my corner. Thank you!
- It’s been a challenging year, but you never let it show. Thank you for your calm, thoughtful handling of complicated problems. Your advice, support, and guidance has helped us thrive, no matter what obstacles came our way.
- I know we can sometimes be a tough team, but somehow you make managing us look effortless! Thanks for sticking with us through thick and thin – we know we can count on you.
And finally, a bit of silliness
Not everyone is comfortable with heartfelt Boss’s Day messages, and that’s okay. You can still let leaders know you appreciate their contributions while keeping things light. Here are a few suggestions for those with a reputation for wisecracks:
- Happy Boss’s Day to someone who does the job no one else wants – managing me!
- Sorry I was late – I stopped to buy you this beautiful Boss’s Day card!
- Happy Boss’s Day to a person I would speak to even if you didn’t sign my paychecks!
- In honor of Boss’s Day, I think you should declare a half-day for the whole office!
- Thanks for answering my endless questions! You are better than Google!
What do you write on a boss’s day card?
Cards may be old-style and traditional, but until this digital age, they are still meaningful.
- You can write funny messages that will make you Boss laugh. But, be careful that it should still be at the level of respect.
- Write inspirational messages. You can search for quotes that fit what the boss is into now.
- You may write a short generic message. A simple thank you might do.
- Include a quote that reminds you of their leadership or work ethic.
- You can write thank you messages to express your sincere appreciation and acknowledgment of his hard work and leading the organization.
For more ideas, check out the National Boss’s Day messages below.
Funny Boss Day Messages
- I thought you are mean, and now that I’ve gotten to know you, you’re still kind of mean, Happy Boss day!
- When the boss is away, it becomes a holiday! Thank you, Boss
- Boss, I have a question: What do you call people who work with you? Answer: the lucky ones. Happy Boss’ day!
- Today, as we celebrate the Boss’ Day, we will give you a gift that you will surely like that grief. Happy Boss’ day!
- We always get tired of watching you work! You are such a hardworking boss!
- I was looking for the right message for you, then I stumbled at the dictionary and search the meaning of a Boss. It says—QUIT SCREWING AROUND AND GET BACK TO WORK!
- A moment of work is observed in honor of you. Happy Boss day
- We call it “management” which includes making difficult people work. Have a great day Boss!
- You are the first Boss that I never thought of pushing down the stairs. Happy Boss day!
- Enjoy your Boss Day by doing little bit of work like I do. Have a beautiful day, boss!
- If you have not spotted my abilities, these talents are now in the grave. Thank you, Boss!
- Boss, it’s a great holiday that’s not really a holiday, but hey, we get a long lunch to celebrate!
- To the leader of the dysfunctional band, Happy Boss’ day!
- Your job is the only job I never ever want. Happy Boss’ day
- Happy Boss Day to the most control freak person. May you approve this card.
- Boss, we are sending you this card. We are requesting you to buy us lunch. Hoping for your kind approval. Happy Boss Day!
- Boss, we thought of sending you greetings of Happy Boss day on Facebook since you spend most of the time there.
- Thank you for being the driver that gives us the right path to our work. Happy Boss Day!
- Let’s celebrate Boss’s Day by abundantly thanking people who make pitifully higher salaries than us. Happy Boss Day!
- Thank you, Boss, for forgetting when I arrive late. Enjoy your day, Boss.
- Boss, thank you for tolerating my occasional mistakes.
- This is unusual, I thought it is only indigestion, To find out it must be gratitude. Thank you for being a leader.
- They say you can adjudicate a boss by merely looking at the people working for him. Therefore, we are so damn good. Happy Boss Day.
- Boss, in honor of the Happy Boss day celebration, can we all take time off?
- On this day of celebrating Happy Boss day, you might feel doing something beautiful. We suggest increasing our pay. Happy Boss day!
- Now I believe that good karma is paid with good karma. Thank God I worked with you. Happy Boss day!
Boss, you give warmth to our cold office. Thank you
- The other term of employees under your team is called “Spoiled.” Happy Boss day!
- A great and cool boss is a rare species, and you are one of a kind. Happy Boss day
- Boss, since we celebrate this special day of you, do we get a raise?
Inspirational Boss Day Messages
- We often wait for opportunities to happen. However, during the quest for the success, we forgot to create opportunities and thank the people that led us there. Happy Boss day!
- Your energy is infectious and we can’t help but to do good work when you’re around.
- Leadership is to influence, nothing more, nothing less. Thank you for being a positive influence.
- There are no shortcuts to success but your leadership makes the journey a little easier. Thanks, Boss!
- Do the best thing for your team today, just like you do every day. Happy Boss day!
- Failure is a teacher. Allow people to fail in order for them to learn and grow. That’s leadership.
- I don’t want to call you “Boss.” Why? A Boss is some who always says, let us go. But the leader says, “lets go.”
Thanks for everything that you do here, boss. You inspire us all to be better employees and people.
- Boss, I am glad that you are my boss. You motivate me to stretch and increase the lengths to achieve the impossible
- We hope that despite the hardships, we as employees, are able to inspire you.
- The ultimate lesson I learn from you is I became effective when you say, “go ahead and do it.” Thank you for your trust.
- You are a leader that provides us the platform to come up with great ideas. Thank you for being a leader.
- Thank you, sir, for trusting us and pushing us to the limits. We are enjoying the benefits.
- You taught me how to be active and efficient. Today, I do things the proper way.
- No matter how hard the path towards our success, Boss, we are here to support you. Thank you
- The team is using our head right to think right. In the end, we want to be your asset.
- You are an inspiration to young entrepreneurs. You showed them that it is better to give than receive.
- Fear cannot go against if you share it with us. We, as one can rise up with courage and achieve our goals. Happy Boss day!
- We push ourselves to become your motivation to help you uplift the organization. I hope we have done it. Thank you, Boss,
- Your great enthusiasm made us celebrate success and learn from failures.
- It is important to be a person with a greater value than just being a person of success.
- No one has the right to make you feel inferior at what you do. Your leadership inspires us never to feel less than. Happy National’s Boss Day.
- Boss, we know you are exhausted with work. That’s okay. The important thing is that you keep it going.
- The qualities you possess is what keeps you resilient towards your work.
- Many people fail because of the ego not to commit mistakes, but you showed openness that made you lead to a successful life. Happy Boss day!
- Great leaders are the ones that allow people to use their ability to achieve greater things. Boss, I am glad that you are the kind of boss that I am talking about.
- The mark of winners is those who know how to prioritize the important things to accomplish.
- Only a few of this world values creativity. Good bosses continue to look at things differently to become creative. Happy National Boss’s Day
- We are all so motivated by your clear vision. Thanks for everything, boss!
- Boss, we can overcome the problem as long as we hold together and face it!
- Boss, you avoid making things complicated and keep it simple. thanks!
Short Boss Day Messages
- We see you not as a boss but as a coach. Thanks for everything.
- You deserve such recognition because of the efforts you give to this company that we all benefited from.
- Greetings to you, our Boss!
- Happy Boss Day to the most hardworking person in this office!
- You are a special kind of boss. You influence people positively
- The way you value your employees helped us to do more. Happy Boss day!
- I hope that a great manager will have the most fabulous day ever. Happy Boss Day!
- We are fortunate to have a boss like you who knows how to value the employees.
- The way you allow us to think and innovate brings us motivation to do the best.
- Although there are days, you are in a bad mood, that’s normal! But we want to let you know that our respect remains.
- May this Happy Boss Day will fill your heart with happiness.
- You are a person that is nice to know and a nice to work.
- Your kind of leadership does not leave anyone behind.
- Your leadership gives inspiration and sometimes perspiration.
- We love how you’re able to run the kind of office like this. Happy Boss Day!
- You are a boss that listens than talks. It works!
- You are kind to all of us. Happy Boss Day!
- Keep doing all the best. You’re the best boss!
- We admire your resilience to make everything run despite the risks. Happy Boss Day
- We appreciate your patience. I could not imagine how you can do that. Have a great day ahead!
- We appreciate your effort and passion for bringing us all together to work.
- I appreciate how you handle problems in the business. I’ve never seen you panicked. You’re a good manager!
- You are awesome! You helped me learn how to focus on my work and not drain my brain.
- What I love the way you run the office is you always have the game plan. I love it!
Boss Day Messages to Say Thanks
- Thank you for letting us feel that we are valued in this office. Happy Boss Day!
- Thank you for making us feel that we are a team.
- Thank you for the undying support, you are a true leader.
- Thank you for demonstrating us how to be courageous and confident in making tough decisions.
Thank you for your sound judgment.
- Thank you for being objective in your decisions.
- Thank you for empowering us with your encouraging words
- Thank you for being the best coach that gives clear direction.
- Thank you for helping me to achieve the best performance of my career.
- Thank you for treating us later at happy hour!
- Thank you for standing with us! Cheers!
- Thank you for never running out of opportunities to give.
- Thank you for recognizing my effort.
- Thank you for the advice and for imparting guidance.
- Thank you for you never giving on up teaching me.
- Thanks for teaching us to convert our mistakes into lessons which result in improvement. Happy Boss Day!
- Thank you for the lessons you imparted. These will all be treasured.
- Thank you for teaching me to grow and become mature.
- Thank you for lifting each employee in these difficult times.
- Thank you for trusting me to join the team. I assure you that I will be your greatest asset. Happy Boss Day!
The best Boss’s Day messages are customized
The bottom line is that when managers feel appreciated and they are engaged in their work, your own workday is far more pleasant. A funny or thoughtful thank you on Boss’s Day can show leaders that you notice and appreciate their efforts.
The best Boss’s Day messages are customized for the recipient, and they share specific, relevant examples of what you would like to see more of. You can add to the impact of your note with a quick story about a time when your boss did something that was particularly meaningful to you.
Finally, remember that appreciation is important year-round – not just on Boss’s Day. Frequent, specific, and real-time recognition can transform the tone of your team culture. Whenever you have an opportunity to thank your boss for hard work on your behalf, do it. The impact on your work environment may astonish you.
Are you ready to celebrate Boss’s Day? Get started by sending a customized appreciation card to your manager today!