International Plastic Free Day 2022 Theme, Date, Activities, Slogan
International Plastic Bag Free Day is dedicated to raising awareness about the very real and pressing issues of plastic pollution. International Plastic Bag Free Day is celebrated on July 3rd every year to create awareness about the dangers of using plastic. It is also to encourage people against using a plastic bag. So on International Plastic Free Bag Day 2022, let’s pledge to avoid the use of plastic bags and encourage the use of eco-friendly bags.
Every day, we learn more about how plastic is affecting this planet and how conglomerates are cutting down on plastic. But as an individual, you need to do your part too. We need to think it through when using plastic bags in regard to what it does to our environment and how it will wreak havoc in the coming years. Plastic bags remain in the world for anywhere from 100-500 years before finally decaying completely. It is imperative that we collectively take action.
Check also: Happy International Kissing Day
International Plastic Bag Free Day history
International Plastic Bag Free Day was created by Bag Free World. It was created as a worldwide initiative for the sole purpose of getting rid of the single-use of plastic bags around the world. It is about promoting environmental conservation by encouraging us all to stay away from the use of plastic bags and opt for eco-friendly alternatives.
International Plastic Free Day 2022 Date
The international plastic bag free day is celebrated on 3rd July 2022. Plastic pollution is a global catastrophe and it is a man-made one. By estimation, 500 billion plastic bags are used on a global scale. This has an extremely detrimental effect on the environment, wildlife, and quality of human life indeed. This International Plastic Bag Free Day 2022, take a step that will prove beneficial for future generations as well.
International Plastic Bag Free Day Theme 2022
Every year, 3rd July is recognized as international plastic bag free day but due to social distancing measures adopted by most countries, the theme set by United Nations for this year “global initiative that aims to eliminate the use of single-use plastic bags”
International Plastic Bag Free Day Theme another theme ‘Zero Bags – Zero Waste’.
Check also: International Plastic Bag Free Day Quotes, Images, Messages
International Plastic Bag Free Day Slogan
Say No Plastic! Save Earth
Say No To Single-use Plastic Bags.
Make Every Day Earth Plastic Free Day
Take Your Own Cloth Or Paper Bag When You Go Shopping.
Volunteer Your Time Or Money
With An Environmental Organization
That Works On Cleaning Water And Landmasses Of Plastic Bags.
If You Are Crafty, Make Your Own Bag And Carry It With Style.
Just Say No To Plastic, Happy Plastic Free Day
International Plastic Bag Free Day Activities
- Say no to single-use plastic bags.
- Take your own cloth or paper bag when you go shopping. Not only will you be saving money – several grocery stores give discounts for patrons bringing in their own bags, you will also be helping to save the environment.
- If you are crafty, make your own bag and carry it with style.
- Volunteer your time or money with an environmental organization that works on cleaning water and landmasses of plastic bags.
- Recycle all the plastic in your house and office.
- Spread the word to your family and friends.
- If you are a company, why not make promotional cloth bags to give away to your clients and customers?
Shocking facts about how plastic pollution
Here are 10 shocking facts about how plastic pollution is affecting our planet.
- According to National Geographic, 73 percent of beach litter is plastic. Most of the waste includes filters from cigarette butts, bottles, bottle caps, food wrappers, grocery bags, and polystyrene containers.
- More than eight million tons of plastic is dumped into our oceans every year.
- An average person east 70,000 microplastics each year. According to a study published in Environmental Pollution, about 100 bits of microplastics are consumed over the course of one meal.
- In the last ten years or more, we have produced more plastic than during the whole of the last century.
- Every minute, around the world around a million plastic bottles are bought, according to The Guardian. The figures are set to increase to 20 percent by 2022 if no measures are taken. Plastic Pollution: Photographer Captures a Bird Offering Plastic Waste as a Mating Gift to Partner, View Heartbreaking Pic!
- Currently, we throw away so much plastic that it can circle the earth four times and we recycle only five percent of it.
- According to National Geographic, some 700 species of marine animals have been reported to have eaten or got entangled in plastic.
- Americans have thrown away 35 billion plastic water bottles every year.
- Plastic present in the oceans kills one million sea birds and 100,000 marine mammals.
- If the current plastic production is not solved, then plastic waste will outweigh fish pound for pound by 2050.
Various malls and shopping centres have pledged to stop the use of single-use plastics. International Plastic Bag Free Day 2022 which is in its 10th edition brings together an international coalition of NGOs to build a future free from plastic pollution. The day also promotes how to reduce the use of plastic and to use alternatives.