Japan Labor Thanksgiving Day 2022 (23rd November) Quotes, Greeting, Message
Labor Thanksgiving Day is a day solely for appreciating the contribution of different people in the community. Its origin was marked long ago. Labor Thanksgiving Day (KinroKansha no Hi in Japanese) takes place to express gratitude which acknowledges the effort to build modern Japan.
What is Labor Thanksgiving Day?
It is an autumn-based festival that was used to give thanks to the worker and labor class people for their tremendous labor in the production of different crops and the growth of the economy. This day has the same appeal to date.
Labor Thanksgiving Day Date:
Labor Thanksgiving Day is observed on 23 November every year.
How to Celebrate Thanksgiving Day 2022 in USA & Canada
Labor Thanksgiving Day History in Japan
Labor Thanksgiving Day was originated from the event Niiname Sai which was a harvest-based festival and about 2000 years old. It has existed since the rice production has begun. The Emperor used to worship God with the first harvested crops and then eat it himself. According to the Chronicle of Japan, Niiname Sai was first celebrated back in 678 A.D.
In the modern-day, thanksgiving is not only related to the production of crops, rather shows respect to all the people working around for the betterment of Japan.
Labor Thanksgiving Day Activities
Though the name Thanksgiving Day is similar to other thanksgiving like the American one, but it is not celebrated similarly. It is quite different from the other thanksgiving. Some activities are like:
- People celebrate this day with their family and community.
- They show honor and gratitude to the people serving in different professions for their effort by wishing them with thanksgiving cards.
- Though it is not a feast-based day, some people arrange house parties and invite working people of their community as a part of thanksgiving.
- It focuses more on the peace and development of human rights.
Labor Thanksgiving Day Facts
Here are some facts about Labor Thanksgiving Day.
- Labor Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on 23 November.
- It is known as KinroKansha no Hi in Japanese.
- It was originated from the Niiname Sai festival which was celebrated to thank god for the excellent crop every year.
- Rice is the staple food in Japan and being cultivated since about 2000 years ago.
- The oldest form of Labor Thanksgiving Day or Niiname Sai is also about 2000 years old.
Labor Thanksgiving Day 2022 Quotes, Greeting, Message
“It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.”
~ Charles Spurgeon
“The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you.”
~ Robert Louis Stevenson
“It is delightfully easy to thank God for the grace we ourselves have received, but it requires great grace to thank God always for the grace given to others.”
~ James Smith
“Thou who hast given so much to me, give me one more thing—a grateful heart!”
~ George Herbert
“Gratitude is the least of the virtues, but ingratitude is the worst of vices.”
~ Thomas Fuller
“We give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.”
“Being Thankful is not in a day, but it’s a lifestyle.”
“If you don’t appreciate what you have, you may as well not have it.
~ Rosalene Glickman
“The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.
~ William Blake
“The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated.
~ William James
“Gratitude is the wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk.
“Gratitude is the memory of the heart.
~ Jean Baptiste Massieu
Unlike other holidays in Japan, Labor Thanksgiving Day is a culture that promotes good work in people and encourages new generations to be more productive. Cordial wishes to Japanese people on this Labor Thanksgiving Day.