Sisters are the greatest blessing in a family. A sister is like the best friend for a lifetime. National Sister Day is celebrated worldwide on the first Sunday of August every year. This day is to celebrate the sisterhood, love for your sister. Sisters day is to cherish the childhood memory with your sister, wishing her and maybe send her some gifts or cards. This little gesture of love will make the sisterhood bonding stronger. Here are some ideas to celebrate happy Sisters Day.
Some Important Facts of Happy Sisters Day
The origin of the happy sisters day or brothers day is unknown. But it is for sure to celebrate the love among the siblings. People started to search for the sisters day in 2012 on various search engines.
Today also: National Girlfriend Day
How to Celebrate Happy Sisters Day?
Here are some ideas to celebrate this happy sisters day with your beloved sister:
- Visit your sister. Give her a nice gift of her choice or simply gift her some flowers.
- You can cook her favorite dish along with the dessert of her choice and call her over to your place.
- Or you can pay a visit to her residence and take a nice cake with the sisters day wishes written on it.
- Take your sister to her favorite place or restaurant.
- Take a day off with your sister. Have a picnic in your backyard. Have a barbecue party on your porch or terrace.
- Watch a movie together. Watch a film of her choice or yours.
- Is there any girl who doesn’t like shopping? Go for shopping with your sister. It is the best way if she loves shopping. Spending time together, eating outside, and gift her what she wants- you can do all these in a combo package!
- Get nostalgic with your sister. You both have shared your childhood. Bring up some special funny memory to laugh together.
- See albums of your childhood. Old family photos are the best way to get back to the sweet past.
- Made a funny video together. You can make a photo collage with your sister. Or re-create the childhood photo funnily together. This will be fun, isn’t it?
- Call her and wish her. Take some time wishing her a wonderful sisters day greetings. You can also share some childhood memories with your sister or bring up some funny moments from your childhood to cherish with each other.
- If you are far from her, you can send her a nice card or email or nice text message. You can also give her a heart-warming video wishing her happy sisters day instead.
Some Wishes for Your Beloved Sister
- Wishing you a wonderful sisters day my dear sister. I am lucky that God has sent me such a beautiful lifetime reward, and it is you.
- Thanks for being there in every up and down in my life. Happy to have a lifetime friend like you, my dear sister.
- You are my partner in crime from the very beginning of my life. Happy Sisters Day!!
- When you are around, there are only smiles and happiness!!! Happy National Sisters Day to my darling sis.
The bond of love that holds us together is the most beautiful relationship. I promise that I will always do my best to nourish this association. Warm wishes on Sisters Day to the best sibling.
Happy Sisters Day to my sister who has given me so many beautiful memories to cherish, so many laughs to live and so many smiles to share.
Dear sis, you have been the most amazing sister to me. You have always supported me and cared for me. You are truly a blessing in my life. Thanks for everything. Happy Sisters Day to you.
You always understand things I never said. you always see the pain in my eyes because we are connected heart to heart. I love you the most sister. Wishing you Happy Sisters Day my girl.
My partner in crime, my box of secrets, it is the day dedicated to both of us. – Happy National Sisters Day!
To the sister, who has been the reason for all the fun in my childhood and the reason for all my smiles every day. Wishing you a very Happy Sisters Day!
National Sisters Day Quotes
1. Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship. – Margaret Mead
2. A sister is a part of childhood that can never be lost. – Marion Garretty
3. Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were 5. – Pam Brown
4. We hang out, we help one another, we tell one another our worst fears and biggest secrets, and then just like real sisters, we listen and don’t judge. – Adriana Trigiani
5. I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness.. – Emily Dickinson
6. One’s sister is part of one’s essential self, an eternal presence of ones’ heart, soul and memory. – Susan Cabil
7. Elder sisters never can do younger ones justice! – Charlotte M. Yonge
8. Sisters are like cats. They claw each other all the time but still snuggle up and daydream together. – Unknown
9. A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves – a special kind of double. – Toni Morrison
10. You know full well as I do the value of sisters’ affections; there is nothing like it in this world. – Charlotte Brontë
11. A sister is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best thing you can be. – Unknown
12. Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other. – Carol Saline
Also read: 37+ [Best] Sunday Good Morning Quotes To Celebrate Sunday Morning With Happiness & Joy
13. A sister is a dearest friend, a closest enemy, and an angel at the time of need. – Debasish Mridha
14. A ministering angel shall my sister be. – William Shakespeare
15. I love the notion of “storm sisters” – soul friends who help us get through life’s most raw and painful transitions. – Jennifer Grant
I grin because you are my sister. I laugh because I know there’s nothing you can do about it.”
‘Happy Sister’s Day to a wonderful sister who is always there for me.’
“Sister. 1) A best friend for life. 2) Player of dress up. 3) Teller of stories. 4) Keeper of secrets.”
Sisters teach us about cooperation, fairness, caring and kindness. Oftentimes, they teach us these lessons the hard way.”
Happy Sister’s Day to my precious sister. May your day be as wonderful as you are.’
We share a special bond of sisterhood, come and celebrate this sister day.
Some sisters are smart and some are smarter but I have a sister which is the most stylish. Have a joyful sister’s day.
Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.”
“Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within a family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.”
We may be miles apart but you are always in my heart… Happy Sisters Day!
A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.
Every day can be sister day when we are together.
‘Happy Sister’s Day to my amazing sister. I hope you always remember how loved you really are.’
Funny National Sisters Day Messages
Some of the funniest things to text your sister on National Sisters Day are hilarious childhood memories or inside jokes, but there are plenty of other ways to go, too. All that matters is that you make her chuckle a little and make her feel loved.
- Happy National Sisters Day. You are so lucky to have me.
- Happy National Sisters Day to mom’s second-favorite child.
- In honor of National Sisters Day, I’m coming over to steal some of your clothes and makeup just like you did when we were kids.
- You may be the “cool aunt” to my kids, but you’re still a total dork to me. Happy National Sisters Day.
- Happy National Sisters Day. Thanks for being so difficult as a kid that I looked like a total angel. I owe you one.
National Sisters Day Texts For Your Unofficial Sister
You don’t have to be related by blood for someone to be your sister. Step-sisters, sisters-in-law, and even your childhood best friend that you grew up with are all people who deserve to be celebrated on National Sisters Day. Chances are high that a simple text acknowledging the day will mean a lot to them, too.
- I am so grateful to have such a wonderful sister-in-law who I consider to be my actual sister. Happy National Sisters Day.
- Happy National Sisters Day to my best friend. Thanks for always treating me like family.
- Don’t tell your [mom, dad, parent], but you’re my favorite step-relative. Happy National Sisters Day.
- Happy National Sisters Day. In a world full of annoying in-laws, I really lucked out to get you.
- I don’t care what our DNA says, you are my sister now and forever. Happy National Sisters Day.
Quotes To Text On National Sisters Day
If you still don’t have the right words to text your sister on National Sisters Day, that’s okay. A quote from someone else works just as well. The meaning behind the message is all that really matters.
- “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll be there.” – Amy Li
- “For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, To fetch one if one goes astray, To lift one if one totters down, To strengthen whilst one stands.” – Christina Rossetti
- “You know full well as I do the value of sisters’ affections; there is nothing like it in this world.” – Charlotte Bronte
- “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” – Marion Garretty
- “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” – Carol Saline
Let’s be positive on this Sisters Day. Don’t bring up unnecessary issues which might hamper your relation with your sister. All siblings have their own disagreements. Keep those aside on this day. Just enjoy yourself with your siblings. Have a happy sisters day.