Cancer is one of the most common diseases in present days and obviously the most fatal one as well. There is 1 death of every 6 patients. Cancer is hard to cure if not detected early. There are many types of cancers but lungs and breasts are the most common among people. As no permanent cure has been invented, The only way to be protected from this disease is to prevent the disease. Cancer Awareness Day can play a vital role in this regard. November 7 is celebrated as a national cancer awareness day.
National Cancer Awareness Day Dates
National Cancer Awareness Day is celebrated on November 7 especially in India. The day was first celebrated in the year 2014.
History Of National Cancer Awareness Day
The cancer awareness movement was first introduced in 1975. According to the WHO, cancer is the second leading disease that is causing death globally. It says the low-income and middle-income countries are more vulnerable to this disease. though there have been many improvements in the treatment of cancer, we hardly can say that treatment cures cancer completely every time. National Cancer Awareness Day is observed to make awareness about the facts and threats of cancer. The first movement was launched in the year 1975 and in the year 1984-85 the program was modified. The National Cancer Awareness Day was first announced by the union health minister of India named Harshvardhan in the year 2014. to celebrate a day that will make people able keep themselves safe from this fatal disease. The National Cancer Awareness Day was announced to celebrate on November 7. Harshvardhan was the first man to launch the cancer awareness movement in the state-level , later was able to make it a national day.
What is Cancer?
Cancer is the uncontrollable abnormal growth of the cells . It can occur almost in any part of the body. When there is an abnormal growth in any cells of the body it attacks other tissues surrounding it. The treatments are often expensive and can hardly gurantee the survival of the patient. There exist almost 100 types of cancer such that lung cancer, breast cancer, colone cancer, skin cancer, prostate cancer and so on. lungs and breat cancer are the most common cancer found among the patients. The day was launched when people realized it was to fight against this disease.
Significance Of National Cancer Awareness Day
Millions of people dying due to cancer disease. This fatal disease has become the second leading cause of death around the world. Cancer doesn’t only kill a person, also affects a family financially and socially. There have been treatments for different types of cancer but the most feasible way to stay safe from the disease is to prevent the disease. And National cancer awarenes day aims to provide information and spread awareness among people to prevent the disease or to make them able for early detection that can help save one from dying.
The Purpose Of National Cancer Awareness Day
- The National Cancer Awareness Day aims to prevent the cancer and make people increase awareness about cancer so that they can take over the control of the disease in time.
- It focuses on educating people about cancer disease, types, treatments and ways to prevention.
- Make people aware to such an extent so that they have the minimum knowledge when to see the doctor and talk about the symptoms.
Observing The National Cancer Awareness Day
The Day can be celebrated through arranging different functtions that focuses on the importance of knowing about the cancer, its symptoms, its treatments and so on. Different organizations do awareness campaign. Through these campaigns they spread awareness among people about cancer.
The National cancer awareness day is observed on Novcember 7 , that is also the birthday of Madam Curie. Madam Curie is one f the most prominent scientist of the last century. She invented radium which is used to cure cancer as radiotherapy.
- “You can be a victim of cancer or a survivor of cancer. It’s a mindset.” – Dave Pelzer
- “One day at a time, one step at a time. Do what you can, do your best. Let God handle the rest.” – Michelle Jones
- “Time is shortening. But every day that I challenge this cancer and survive is a victory for me.” – Ingrid Bergman
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Cayla Mills
- “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: You haven’t.” – Thomas Edison