16 October is National Feral Cat Day. This is a day to celebrate all types of cats, no matter where they call home. Feral Cats have been stigmatized all over the world, but thanks to this holiday, we can change our perception of these lovely travelers.
History National Feral Cat Day
The expansion of cats worldwide is believed to have originated in Egypt. Merchants and monks brought them to Europe and Asia to help control the rat population. Eventually, the Roman army brought them to England, and since then, cats have continued to be introduced into new countries through sailors or settlers.
Although not traditionally considered to be social animals, wild cats sometimes live in groups called colonies. These colonies have no official ruling system, but it is observed that they exhibit different hierarchical systems, such as autocracy, linearity, and relative. There are also managed colonies where humans provide cats with food, water, shelter, and medical care.
The human leader of the cat herd may also find potential foster families, implement a trap-neutral return program, and socialize the cat in preparation for adoption. However, about half of the 146 million cats in the United States are wildcats or unowned. Considering that nearly 70,000 kittens and puppies are born every day, there will actually never be enough families to accommodate the number of wild cats. Although these top predators are very cute, they are actually considered harmful to the environment. In fact, conservation biologists say they are one of the most severe invasive species on the planet. This is why managed colonies that implement traps and sterilization programs are so important because they receive multiple cats at once: helping to control the wild population as much as possible while keeping our furry neighbors healthy.
- World Food Day
- National Boss’s Day
- The Bridge Day
- Dictionary Day
- Global Cat Day
- World Anaesthesia Day
National Feral Cat Day wishes and messages
- It doesn’t matter whether the cat is white or black because a cat is a cat and if you are a cat lover, you love them all… National Feral Cat Day!
- If you are special to a cat, you are indeed very special and loved because you will always have someone to come back home to… Happy National Feral Cat Day!
- Warm wishes on World Cat Day to you… May you and your cat enjoy this wonderful day with lots of celebrations and happiness.
- You don’t choose a cat to love but a cat chooses you.
- Home is where a cat is because she is so full of love and life that she can spread happiness around you.
National Feral Cat Day quotes to friends and family
- “If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much.” — Mark Twain
- “A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.” — Ernest Hemingway
- “My cats are really sassy and sophisticated, but most importantly, they are picky.” — Jason Wu
- “Time spent with cats is never wasted.” — Sigmund Freud
- “You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humans useful domestic animals.” — George Mikes
- “What greater gift than the love of a cat.” — Charles Dickens