As summer is approaching, cold tea will once again take over everyone’s daily life. National iced tea day is an homage to a happy accident that took place in 1904, birthing one of the most popular and refreshing drinks in summer. Iced tea serves as both quenching your thirst on a hot summer day and refreshing you with different herbal benefits depending on the leaves you are steeping to make tea.
National Iced Tea Day Date
National Iced tea day date is on 10th June and celebrated every year in the United States with great enthusiasm. Your custom iced tea is a wonderful alternative to carbonated soft drinks.
Read more: Happy Fathers Day Date
How National Iced Tea Day is Celebrated
Iced tea has become an essential part of modern life. A lot of businesses have also benefited from the popularity of iced tea. Thus, National Iced tea day is now celebrated on a big scale. Here are a few ways public and businesses celebrate this day.
- Brands and tea retailers offer special coupons with free iced tea, special iced tea recipes and such.
- Share your customized iced tea recipe with your family and friends on social media.
- Make iced tea at your home and throw a small tea party with your family and friends.
- Brands come up with special editions of tea blends aiming at National Tea Day.
- Retail shops come up with special offers and sales for iced teas.
- Make iced tea popsicles as a special way to celebrate the day.
- Enjoy different types of iced teas from different restaurants and cafes on this day.
- Add a dash of your favorite alcohol to give iced tea an adult twist.
Check also: King Kamehameha Day
National Iced Tea Day- Benefits of Drinking Iced Tea
Observing National iced tea brings a lot of awareness and promotes the benefits of drinking iced tea. Iced tea not only cools you down but also provides you with numerous health benefits. With such benefits, National Iced tea day is definitely a well deserved tribute to this rejuvenating drink. Here are a few benefits you can get from iced tea:
- Iced tea is rich in Manganese which helps with healing wounds.
- Contrary to popular belief, iced tea burns a higher amount of calories than hot tea.
- Iced tea is rich in antioxidants that prevent cellular damage and slow down the aging process of the skin.
- Unsweetened iced tea has flavonoids that reduce the risk of numerous heart diseases.
- Iced tea contains rather mild caffeine content but it works wonderfully to wake you up from a mid-day slump.
- It also helps with stabilizing blood sugar levels.
National Iced Tea Day Images
No matter what mood you might be in, no matter what life stage you might be in, no matter where you are residing, if there’s one thing that can instantly lift up your spirit and make you feel rejuvenated, it has to be a cup of Iced Tea.
National Iced Tea Day quotes
Here are 10 National Iced Tea Day quotes that prove a cup of chai is something that doesn’t need a particular day to be celebrated. It should be cherished and celebrated each day and every day.
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis
“I say let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea.”
― Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground
“A cup of tea would restore my normality.”
― Douglas Adams
“There is something in the nature of tea that leads us into a world of quiet contemplation of life.”
― Lin Yutang, The Importance of Living
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.”
― Frances Hardinge
“Tea … is a religion of the art of life.”
― Kakuzō Okakura, The Book of Tea
“While there is tea, there is hope.”
― Arthur Wing Pinero, Sweet Lavender – A Comedy in Three Acts.
“But indeed I would rather have nothing but tea.”
― Jane Austen
“At Christmas, tea is compulsory. Relatives are optional.”
― Robert Godden
“Making tea is a ritual that stops the world from falling in on you.”
― Jonathan Stroud, The Creeping Shadow
National Iced Tea Day Wishes
Here are some National Iced Tea Day wishes you can use to celebrate and share your love for this refreshing beverage:
- “Sip, sip, hooray! Happy National Iced Tea Day! May your glass always be full and your tea always be cold.”
- “Cheers to the perfect way to beat the heat! Happy National Iced Tea Day!”
- “Wishing you a day as cool and refreshing as a tall glass of iced tea. Happy National Iced Tea Day!”
- “May your iced tea be sweet and your day be even sweeter. Happy National Iced Tea Day!”
- “Iced tea: the solution to life’s problems, one sip at a time. Enjoy your National Iced Tea Day!”
- “Raise your glasses, it’s National Iced Tea Day! Here’s to relaxation, sunshine, and the simple joy of a cold tea in hand.”
- “On this National Iced Tea Day, may your glass always be filled with your favorite tea and your heart with happiness.”
- “Squeeze the day and make it sweet, just like your iced tea! Happy National Iced Tea Day!”
- “To the beverage that keeps us cool, calm, and collected – happy National Iced Tea Day!”
- “Celebrate National Iced Tea Day with a glass in hand and a smile on your face. Cheers to the simple pleasures in life!”
- “Wishing you a tea-rrific National Iced Tea Day filled with relaxation and the perfect brew!”
- “May your tea be iced and your day be delightful. Happy National Iced Tea Day!”
- “Here’s to the classic, the timeless, the beloved iced tea. Happy National Iced Tea Day!”
- “Iced tea is not just a drink; it’s a lifestyle. Cheers to National Iced Tea Day!”
- “Whether you like it sweet, unsweetened, or somewhere in between, may your National Iced Tea Day be as refreshing as your favorite brew!”
Feel free to personalize these wishes and share them with your friends and loved ones as you celebrate National Iced Tea Day together.
The best way to celebrate National Iced Tea day is a glass of chilly iced tea. The beauty of iced tea is that you can have its possibilities almost endless. There are huge varieties of teas that you can turn into a cold, soothing glass of iced tea. We encourage you to come up with your own combination and enjoy the day creatively!