National Walking Day 2022: History, Quotes, Messages
Every year on the first Wednesday in April, National Walking Day is observed. There are more than 50 interesting facts about walking provided by the American Council on Exercise. To name a few, 21 minutes of daily walking can cut the risk of heart disease by 30% and can also lower the risk of breast and colon cancer. It can also boost creativity by up to 60%. Why not begin on National Walking Day if you are not currently walking for at least 20 minutes each day? The day falls on April 6 this year. Additionally, the primary goal of National Walking Day is to inspire more people to walk since it is good for their health.
When is National Walking Day
The first Wednesday in April is observed as National Walking Day.
National Walking Day History
Increasing public awareness of the benefits of walking is the aim of National Walking Day. On this day, it is strongly recommended that everyone set aside at least 30 minutes of their day to go for a stroll. According to the American Heart Association, walking can help lower the risk of developing heart disease and stroke. It also supports maintaining a healthy weight.
In 2007, the American Heart Association established National Walking Day. It is observed every year on the first Wednesday in April.
National Walking Day Messages
1. Best wishes for a wonderful Walking Day. It’s time to put on your shoes and start moving for a healthier and more physically fit physique.
2. Everyone should incorporate walking into their regular fitness routine. Happy Walking Day to you, my love.
3. Daily walkers have improved strength, endurance, and digestion. Happy Walking Day, everyone.
4. If you haven’t taken a stroll for your health, Walking Day is incomplete. Calories may be burned when walking, so make the most of the day.
5. It’s crucial that you walk every day to keep your body in shape and your joints working. A wonderful day for walking.
6. Walking Day serves as a reminder that in order to live a healthy life, we must walk every day. A very Happy Walking Day to you.
7. Someone who regularly walks will always have better digestion, fitness, and health than someone who doesn’t. A wonderful day for walking.
8. Best wishes to everyone on Walking Day. Every morning, go for a stroll in the open air. It will make your body, mind, and soul considerably happier.
National Walking Day Quotes
“A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.” — Paul Dudley White
“An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” — Henry David Thoreau
“The cost of health care and the cost of cars and fuel are huge burdens on families and businesses. We can reduce health care costs NOW by promoting biking, walking and transit.” — Steve Novick
“The sovereign invigorator of the body is exercise, and of all the exercises walking is the best.” — Thomas Jefferson
“Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far.” — Thomas Jefferson
“Of all exercises, walking is the best.” — Thomas Jefferson
“I have two doctors, my left leg and my right.” — G. M. Trevelyan
“All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
“In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” — John Muir
“The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk.” — Joseph Joubert
“Walking is the number one exercise for your feet as well as your body. Barefoot walking is the ideal.” — Stephanie Tourles
“Walking is a man’s best medicine.” — Hippocrates
“Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” — Helen Keller
“We ought to take outdoor walks, to refresh and raise our spirits by deep breathing in the open air.” — Seneca the Younger
“If I could not walk far and fast, I think I should just explode and perish.” — Charles Dickens
“Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.” — Steven Wright