Youths are the wheels of a nation. A major portion of our population is occupied by youths. Don’t you think is it legitimate to celebrate a day dedicated to our young youths? Here you go. Explore more about National Youth Day.
About National Youth Day
Every Year the people of India celebrate National Youth Day on 12 January. The day commemorates the contribution of Swami Vivekananda to reform the whole nation.
National Youth Day History
The name that comes before the celebration of National Youth day is none other than Swami Vivekananda. His spirituality, ideology and foresightedness helped to national building. The great social reformer, Swami highly believed in the role of youth to reform or reshape the state of a country. In 1893, he highlighted India in front of the World Parliament of Religion in Chicago. He upheld the contribution of uprising youths who are the future of nations. He always inspired the youths with his speech.
Mainly National Youth Day is observed to remember his contribution to nations. In 1984, the Indian government decided to declare his birthday National Youth Day.
National Youth Day Activities
National Youth Day includes all the energetic and enthusiastic activities which help to reform society. Mark your day on 12 January. Arrange a seminar, session or open discussion on rising problems to find solutions. Form a youth forum or club to perform various activities. Engage other youths in many development activities. Donate blood on this day. Read out the ideology of Swami Vivekananda. Know more about him and share it with others on social media using the hashtag #NationalYouthDay.
National Youth Day Quotes
Youths are the eyes of the nation. So the quotes on youth day can not be counted at all. Here are a few ones-
- “My faith is in the younger generation, the modern generation, out of them will come my workers!” – Swami Vivekananda
- “You are only young once, and if you work it right, once is enough.” – Joe Lewis
- “Youth offers the promise of happiness, but life offers the realities of grief.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind; it is a matter of the will, quality of the imagination, a vigour of the emotions.” – Samuel Ullman
- “A few heart-whole, sincere, and energetic men and women can do more in a year than a mob in a century.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “Arise! Awake! and stop not until the goal is reached.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.” – Franz Kafka
- “Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die.” – Herbert Hoover
- “Everybody’s youth is a dream, a form of chemical madness.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Youth smiles without any reason. It is one of its chief charms.” – Thomas Gray
- “Sometimes, it falls upon a generation to be great. You can be that great generation. Let your greatness blossom.” – Nelson Mandel
- “Good Habits formed at youth make all the difference.” – Aristotle
National Youth Day Messages
To spread the joy of National Youth Day, send messages to all the youths out there.
‘Happy Youth Day to you. Youths can change the fate of the future. So If you need to take steps to change, definitely go for it.’
‘Happy National Youth Day to all the youths out there. Have a good day!’
‘ The reformation of a nation is quite impossible without the engagement of youths. Wishing you a happy national youth day to you.’
‘Make your national youth day plan with more energy and enthusiasm as a young mind.’