World Human Rights Day 2022: Quotes, Theme, Messages & Wishes
World Human Rights Day is a signature of honor and standing up to defend human rights across the world. It is an international day that is observed by UNESCO. How can you observe this World Human Rights Day? What changes to be brought? We will discuss all the details about World Human Rights Day here. So, without further due, let’s get going.
History of World Human Rights Day
World Human Rights Day was first observed in 1948 when the Universal Declaration for Human Rights was accepted by the United Nations. From then, it is being observed to safeguard the honor and dignity of humans throughout the world.
World Human Rights Day Date
World Human Rights Day is observed on 10 December every year. As it was introduced on 10 December 1948, it is going to be the 71st anniversary of World Human Rights Day this year.
Human Rights Day 2022 Theme
“The Year of Indigenous Languages: Promoting and Deepening a Human Rights Culture”.
You might want to know some interesting facts about World Human Rights Day. We are going to share some facts that you can spread among your friends and fellows. Here you go.
- In 2011, the United Nations declared internet access a basic human right.
- Claudette Colvin was the first person to get arrested for the civil rights movement.
- The Universal Declaration for Human Rights is the most translated document in the world. It has been translated in more than 370 languages.
- In spite of human rights groups’ existence, more than 300,000 child soldiers are fighting in conflicting areas which is a clear violation of human rights.
- More than 21 million people around the world are the victims of forced labor.
- About 121 million children had never been to school.
International Human Rights Day Activities
As the day is declared by the United Nations, most of the countries observe this day and works for the implementation of the Universal Declaration for Human Rights. Different human rights groups arrange seminars, awareness programs, etc. for awakening people to stand up for their basic rights.
In the current world where people are facing racism, gender discrimination, extortion, and many other offenses, it is essential to understand the pain and work to solve them. It is not the task of an individual. People worldwide should come ahead to keep their dignity upright. This day will be observed through seminars, protests, discussions, and other programs.
Human Rights Day Quotes
In honor of Human Rights Day, here are 12 of our favorite quotes:
“When the fundamental principles of human rights are not protected, the center of our institution no longer holds. It is they that promote development that is sustainable; peace that is secure; and lives of dignity.” – Former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein
“To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.” – Nelson Mandela
“We declare that human rights are for all of us, all the time: whoever we are and wherever we are from; no matter our class, our opinions, our sexual orientation.” – Former UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
“A right delayed is a right denied.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
“When you deprive people of their right to live in dignity, to hope for a better future, to have control over their lives, when you deprive them of that choice, then you expect them to fight for these rights.” – Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan
“Freedom means the supremacy of human rights everywhere. Our support goes to those who struggle to gain those rights or keep them. Our strength is our unity of purpose. To that high concept there can be no end save victory.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Our hopes for a more just, safe, and peaceful world can only be achieved when there is universal respect for the inherent dignity and equal rights of all members of the human family.” – UN Women Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka
“Where, after all, do universal human rights begin? In small places, close to home – so close and so small that they cannot be seen on any maps of the world. … Unless these rights have meaning there, they have little meaning anywhere. Without concerned citizen action to uphold them close to home, we shall look in vain for progress in the larger world.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere. When human lives are endangered, when human dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant.” – Elie Wiesel
“It means a great deal to those who are oppressed to know that they are not alone. Never let anyone tell you that what you are doing is insignificant.” – Desmond Tutu
“Let us remember: one book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
“Where, after all, do universal human rights begin? In small places, close to home – so close and so small that they cannot be seen on any maps of the world. … Such are the places where every man, woman and child seeks equal justice, equal opportunity, equal dignity without discrimination. Unless these rights have meaning there, they have little meaning anywhere.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Human rights day quotes in Hindi malayalam
- “Be the change you wish to see in the world”
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
- “A man is but the product of his thoughts, what he thinks, he becomes.”
- “Imitation is the sincerest flattery.”
- “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”
- “There is no God higher than the truth.”
“The rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened.” – John F. Kennedy
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
“There can be no peace without development, no development without peace, and no lasting peace or sustainable development without respect for human rights and the rule of law.” – Former UN Deputy Secretary-General Jan Eliasson
Human Rights Day Images
As you know the facts of World Human Rights Day, hope you will share this with your friends and family and work for the betterment of human rights.
Human Rights Day 2022 Wishes, Inspirational Messages
1. Through this message, I wish you Happy Human Rights Day. I hope your rights are protected and you get happiness and peace in your State.
2. Wishing you a Happy Human Rights Day on this glorious occasion. Always be yourself and stand up for your rights as everyone has the freedom to express themselves well.
3. I wish you a happy Human Rights Day. May this day be an occasion to honor our rights and stand up for them and celebrate them to the fullest.
4. Human Rights Day reminds us of our powers to stop any injustice or abuse by any authority. Let us come together to celebrate those powerful rights.
5. If you are right, stand up for yourself and your individuality. Never stop from speaking the truth you know and you see. Have a Happy Human Rights Day.
6. Human rights are an important power in the present society where every authority looks for dominating and oppressing their citizens. Let us all together celebrate the glorious Human Rights Day.
7. Human beings are born free and have the power to express themselves willingly. I wish you a happy Human Rights Day.
8. To have a peaceful nation, we need to respect human rights… We need to make sure that everyone has been fed and only then can call ourselves developed in a true sense. Warm wishes on Human Rights Day.
9. Human Rights Day reminds us all that how undemocratic countries are snatching away the rights of the innocent and how people are losing their lives because of injustice and violence. Let us promise to fight for their betterment. Happy Human Rights Day to you.
10. Never surrender to the people who stop you from speaking the truth. Never say sorry for being you. Never give up on your confidence to fight for what is right…. Human Rights Day to you my dear friend.
11. No matter what job we are into…. No matter how old or young we are….. No matter what’s our financial status…. The only thing that matters is that we must all be treated right… Sending warm wishes to you on Human Rights Day.
12. Who says one man cannot make a difference…. The journey of thousand miles always begins with the very first step…. So never hesitate to take your step. Human Rights Day to you.
13. We all are humans and we are all born with dignity and with equal rights and if someone takes away our rights, it is our duty to fight back…. Always be strong…. Human Rights Day!!!!
14. No one has the right to deny human rights and if someone is doing that then he is inhumane and we must stand against him…. May God impart us with all the strength to fight against the wrong.
15. Just by giving all the humans their rights, we can surely make this earth a far better place to live… where there will be peace, happiness and growth for one and for all. Warm wishes on Human Rights Day.
16. When rights of any one man are threatened…. It means that rights of every man are diminished and therefore, we all must stand for it….!!!!