Do you know peanut is one the most nutritional edible seeds? It is greatly known as groundnut, goober, pindar or monkey nut. If you plan a healthy diet chart, you must keep peanuts in your chart. Especially peanuts are an especially good source of healthy fats, protein, and fibre. So there is no way to ignore the nutritional value of peanuts. To encourage people to consume peanuts on daily basis, national peanut day is observed. Explore more about national peanut day, history, quotes.
When National Peanut Day is celebrated?
Every year 13 September is celebrated as national peanut day. All peanut lovers love to celebrate with much interest.
National Peanut Day History
The peanut is officially a legume, closely linked to beans or seeds, even though it contains the term “nut” in its name. Peanuts likely originated in South America in approximately 1500 BC and are a subterranean plant. They spread over the world and rose to fame in North America somewhere in the 1700s, but they weren’t grown economically for a long time after that. The food gained popularity after PT Barnum’s circus started selling hot roasted peanuts.
They even gained popularity at baseball games, a sport that is uniquely American. After that, peanut butter made its debut at the St. Louis World’s Fair in 1904. The worth of peanut plantations in the US today is above $1 billion, making it a very successful industry. This business is primarily made up of peanut butter, with the remaining 50% coming from snack nuts and confections created with peanuts. National Peanut Day is currently being observed.
National Peanut Day Activities
On National Peanut Day, you may add some peanuts to your diet in a variety of ways, from delightful lunchbox snacks to zesty stir-fry sauce. When travelling, peanuts make a delicious portable snack. Additionally, they are healthy and contain more protein than any other nut. They are so outstanding, in fact, that they account for 2/3 of the country’s market for nuts and are the top-rated snack in the United States. Grab some peanuts to celebrate this tasty snack!
National Peanut Day Quote
- “Happiness is anyone and anything that’s loved by you.”- Charles Schulz.
- “In the book of life, the answers aren’t in the back.”- Charles Schulz.
- “Sometimes I lie awake at night and ask ‘Where have I gone wrong, then a voice says to me ‘This is going to take more than one night.’”- Charles Schulz.
- “Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely.”- Charles Schulz
- “I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”- Charles Schulz.
- “I think I’m afraid to be happy because whenever I get too happy, something bad always happens.”- Charles Schulz.
- “To live is to dance… to dance is to live.”- Charles Schulz.
- “Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.”- Charles Schulz.
- “Keep looking up… that’s the secret of life.”
- “I love pets and I love animals, and I just got a new puppy, a new rescue named Peanut. She’s a tiny little Chihuahua mix.” – Carrie Ann Inaba
- “I love dark chocolate. I’m also peanut butter and chocolate fanatic. That’s pretty much the greatest invention of the last century.”- Tom Lenk.
- “I used to work at my dad’s peanut mill, and worked 15 hours a day, 6 days a week. So, now, riding around on a nice tour bus and doing shows, you’d have to get picky to have a downside.”-Luke Bryan