The ability to write your visions into words is one of the most powerful weapons to reach people. Don’t you think there must be a day to encourage this skill too? Yes, there is. So why are you afraid to start writing something? Take advantage of the day and take a blank paper and pen. Just go for it. If you don’t know, let’s learn more about national writing day.
When is National Writing Day
National Writing Day is observed on October 20. The National Council of Teachers of English has decided to celebrate this day on writing.
National Writing Day History
A day of writing has come to be celebrated by the National Council of Teachers of English initiative. They figured out that people usually become nervous when they are asked to write something. They tend to take paper-pencil at the time of the assignment or any serious issue. They literally forget that writing is another medium of language.
You can express yourself through your writing too. Your writings can be your voice. For the last 11 years, this day has been arranged in many activities around the #WhyIWrite. The NCTE has already taken the initiative to unleash the potentialities of writing in people. Writing is a basic skill, there is nothing like neglecting it. It has also emphasised literacy assessment.
read more: National Day on Writing Wishes, Quotes
National Writing Day Celebration
National Writing Day pays great attention to promoting the power of writing. Mark your day on the calendar. Take paper and a pen then start to write. Either it would be good or worst. You can start writing with a poem, a story or your daily life. You can share it with your friends on social media. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #NationalWritingDay. Inspire others to celebrate this incredible day.
National Writing Day Quotes
Share various quotes on National Writing Day on social media with your friends and inspire others to write.
“If you don’t have time to read, you don’t have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”-Stephen King.
“We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.”-Anaïs Nin.
“Substitute ‘damn’ every time you’re inclined to write ‘very;’ your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.”-Mark Twain.
“If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”-Toni Morrison.
“One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.”-Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums.
“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.”-Benjamin Franklin.
Writing is like breathing for me. It’s essential for my well-being. The joy I get from my words “moving” someone is immeasurable. — Christy Mossburg
Creating art or writing is God’s “voice” speaking through me for His glory. –Lin Sons
National Writing Day Messages
Spread the joy of writing something on paper or another site among your friends and near ones. Deliver them best wishes to start over.
‘On the occasion of a national writing day, I wish you all the best for your new journey in writing. Make your visions reflect on your writings’
‘Happy National Writing Day to you. On this day, take a paper and pencil and write whatever you want.’
‘Happy Writing Day! Spend the day by writing something.’
‘On National Writing Day, feel free to share your thoughts in your writings. Nothing is peaceful like it.’
‘Today is a national writing day. On this special day, do write something. Don’t let the day fade away.’
“Writing is the brush with which we paint our thoughts and share our soul with the world. Happy National Writing Day!”
- “A pen in hand, a world at your command. Today, let’s celebrate the art of writing and the power of words. #NationalWritingDay”
- “Writing allows us to travel to distant lands, dream beyond imagination, and create endless possibilities. Happy Writing Day!”
- “Writing is the dance of the mind, the rhythm of the heart, and the song of the soul. Embrace the writer in you this National Writing Day.”
- “Whether it’s a letter, a story, or a simple journal entry, every word you write adds to the story of your life. Happy National Writing Day!”
- “Writing is a journey where the destination is unknown but the adventure is incredible. Keep writing and exploring.”
- “To write is to create, to express, and to make your mark on the world. Celebrate the power of your words this National Writing Day.”
- “Writing is a gift to yourself and a gift to others. Share your stories, share your heart. Happy National Writing Day!”
- “On this National Writing Day, may your pen never run out of ink, and your imagination never run dry.”
- “Writing is the most beautiful form of self-expression. Let your words flow freely today and always. #NationalWritingDay”
- “Every word you write has the power to inspire, inform, and connect. Keep writing, and keep making a difference.”
- “To write is to be free. Happy National Writing Day to all the storytellers and wordsmiths out there!”
- “Today, celebrate the magic that happens when a blank page transforms into a world of your creation. Happy National Writing Day!”
- “Writing allows us to preserve our thoughts and dreams for generations to come. Keep the legacy of your words alive.”
“The pen is mightier than the sword, and your words have the power to change the world. Happy National Writing Day!”
Feel free to use these messages to inspire your writing or share them with fellow writers and enthusiasts to celebrate National Writing Day.