Before Shakespeare, attorneys frequently received a negative reputation for the type of work they perform. Over time, attorneys have evolved into the punchline of some of the most well-known jokes, being viewed as the source of all evils and frequently the target of some pretty harsh metaphors.
But attorneys also have some very significant roles to play. In their ideal state, attorneys benefit society as a whole.
Love Your Lawyer Day was established for this reason.
When is Love Your Lawyer Day
The first Friday in November, which falls on November 4 this year, is Love Your Lawyer Day. This is the time of year when we celebrate American lawyers and motivate them to persevere despite their frequently unfavorable reputations. Shakespeare even disparaged attorneys in his works!
Love Your Lawyer Day History
Codes of law have undoubtedly existed for a very long time—just think of the Jewish historian Moses—but the Mesopotamian King Hammurabi of Babylon is credited with creating the earliest known codify of law. This has been around since around the 18th century BC.
The 282 rules that made up the Hammurabi Code covered a wide range of topics, from the penalties for certain crimes to the wages that should be paid for activities like wagon driving and medical professionals. This made up well over half of the legislation, while about a third of them dealt with family-related matters like divorce, sexual activity, and paternity disputes.
The control set up to make sure the legislation was applied equitably was one of the most notable laws in this group. In fact, judges who were found to have made poor decisions were penalized!
Modern laws are much more complicated than they used to be. They include standards for commercial conduct, construction requirements, and a complex web of rules that can only be comprehended through careful research and a dedication to the law.
Codes of law have become increasingly complex over time, which has increased the value of legal experts like your friendly neighborhood lawyer. The role of the lawyer is to aid in the understanding of the law and how it impacts both individual and governmental rights.
Every day, lawyers are engaged to represent individuals who are unable to defend themselves, defend those who are accused of crimes and work in every sphere of contemporary life. They assist in submitting paperwork, requesting licenses and permits, starting enterprises, drafting documents, and generally advancing society. Despite the fact that they are often despised, these masters of the legal system are responsible for much of the efficient functioning of our civilization.
This is why Love Your Lawyer Day was established in 2001. Attorney Nader Anise served as the source of inspiration when ALPIA (American Lawyers Public Image Association) launched its “No Lawyer Bashing or Jokes for a Day” campaign.
This is the reason ALPIA organized this day: to express respect and gratitude for this unloved civil personnel.
They beg that you put aside the legal jabs and the subtle trash-talking at the water cooler for one day and keep in mind that without these legal vigilantes, no one would be there to guide individuals through the complicated legal system!
Even while lawyers may have a terrible reputation, many of them actually do a lot of good for the community.
Love Your Lawyer Day Activities
Love Your Lawyer Day can be celebrated easily and with a variety of original ideas. For a start, try these:
Participate in Your Community
This is a fantastic chance for people who practice law, including lawyers, attorneys, and other legal professionals, to dispel such unfavorable notions with some encouraging public action. By supporting a neighborhood kids’ event or sports league, you can get active in the community, give part of your time to people in need, or maintain your connections. Reframe those who work in law positively and contribute to the greater good!
Avoid making jokes about lawyers
To start off appreciating lawyers on this day, the normal individual can refrain from telling any jokes about lawyers for at least one day. That shouldn’t be that difficult! By itself, this will go a long way toward demonstrating to these legal experts the love and respect deserved to the individual who spends their life attempting to guide others through these murky and challenging seas. That very surely merits appreciation!
ALPIA encourages people to use this day as an opportunity to donate to a local, national, or worldwide charity that works to improve the world. Although many lawyers volunteer their time and resources to represent the weak and innocent, they might still use some financial assistance to meet the various expenses that go along with it. For Love, Your Lawyer Day, think about giving to a charitable legal assistance organization.
ALPIA urges people to take advantage of this day to make a donation to a regional, international, or domestic organization that strives to better the world. Even while many attorneys give their time and money for free to defend the weak and innocent, they might still need some financial support to cover the associated costs. Consider making a donation to a charitable legal aid group in honor of Love Your Lawyer Day.
Say Thank You to A Lawyer
For those who want to go the extra mile, go ahead and contact your lawyer, or any lawyer if you don’t have one, and let them know how much they are appreciated for what they do every day. Just one phone call can serve to remind them that their long hours and dedication to justice aren’t without their rewards! And since you’re saying thank you, they shouldn’t even bill you for their time.
If you really want to show your love, send out a gift basket or write them a card and tell them how much they mean to you. If you’ve ever been helped by a legal professional, use Love Your Lawyer Day to thank them for all they’ve done.
We’ve probably all got more to thank them for than we realize!
Love Your Lawyer Day Quotes, meme, Captions
1. “Make crime pay. Become a lawyer.” – Will Rogers
2. “If there were no bad people there would be no good lawyers.” – Charles Dickens
Lawyer Quotes About bad people
3. “You cannot live without the lawyers, and certainly you cannot die without them.” – Joseph H. Choate
Lawyer Quotes About life
4. “A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.” – Robert Frost
Lawyer Quotes About jury
5. “A lawyer is a person who writes a 10,000-word document and calls it a “brief.” – Franz Kafka
Lawyer Quotes And sayings
6. “I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.” – Stephen Wright
Witty Lawyer Quotes
7. “Law students are trained in the case method, and to the lawyer everything in life looks like a case.” – Edward Packard, Jr.
8. “A Lawyer will do anything to win a case, sometimes he will even tell the truth.” – Patrick Murray
Lawyer Quotes About Telling The Truth
9. “The good lawyer is not the man who has an eye to every side and angle of contingency, and qualifies all his qualifications, but who throws himself on your part so heartily, that he can get you out of a scrape.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. “Whether you want to go into music, whether you want to be a lawyer, whether you want to be President of the United States, the bottom line for all of you is that you have got to get your education.” – Michelle Obama
Lawyer quotes about practicing law
11. “Lawyers are the only persons in whom ignorance of the law is not punished.” – Jeremy Bentham
Lawyer Quotes About Ignorance of the Law
12. “To me, a lawyer is basically the person that knows the rules of the country. We’re all throwing the dice, playing the game, moving our pieces around the board, but if there is a problem the lawyer is the only person who has read the inside of the top of the box.” – Jerry Seinfeld
13. “It is the lawyers who run our civilization for us — our governments, our business, our private lives. Most legislators are lawyers; they make our laws. Most presidents, governors, commissioners, along with their advisers and brain-trusters are lawyers; they administer our laws. All the judges are lawyers; they interpret and enforce our laws. There is no separation of powers where the lawyers are concerned. There is only a concentration of all government power — in the lawyers.” – Fred Rodell
14. “Don’t misinform your Doctor nor your Lawyer.” – Benjamin Franklin
15. “A lawyer without history or literature is a mechanic, a mere working mason; if he possesses some knowledge of these, he may venture to call himself an architect.” – Sir Walter Scott
Lawyer Quotes About Knowledge
16. “The lawyer’s truth is not Truth, but consistency or a consistent expediency.” – Henry David Thoreau
What to write in a Love Your Lawyer Day card ?
– “Many congratulations dear friend. I cordially greet you because you are a very prominent Lawyer who exercises every day and with great passion his career, may you have a great day. “
– “In the course of your career you have had to make many sacrifices, but all you have done for the love of law. Dear fellow I want to say I wish you many congratulations on your day. “
– “I want you to have a nice Lawyer’s day, you are a great professional and all the success you have achieved throughout your career is the result of your effort. It continues to be an example to your colleagues. “
– “When you were a kid you always said you wanted to defend others when you grew up. Today you are a great Lawyer and you are following your dream. I hope you have a nice day Lawyer’s day. “
– “You have always excelled in everything you do and your career is no exception. I hope you can have a nice Lawyer’s day, many congratulations. “
– “Your desire to establish justice is what motivates you to work tirelessly in each case they assign you. I wish you a nice Lawyer’s day and I that you succeed in your professional life. “
– “To practice law you need to be a smart, service oriented person. You have those two qualities and so admirably perform your duties. Dear friend may you have a nice Lawyer’s day. “
– “Dad I wish you many congratulations on this Lawyer’s day, I have a great admiration for your work and when I grow up I want to be a thorough professional like you.”
– “I am a witness to the effort you make every day to defend the truth and your attempt to establish justice, that shows that you are a very passionate professional and have a total commitment to your career. My love, I hope you have a nice Lawyer’s day and that your life is filled with many achievements. “
– “The career you chose is not the easiest one, but since you were a student you showed that you have a vocation. I am very proud dear daughter because in recent years you have obtained many victories. I know that in the future you will continue to reap more success. Congratulations on this day of the Lawyer! “
– “I ask the Lord to bless you and help you every day in everything you do so that all goes well in your work life. Dear sister have a nice Lawyer’s day, you deserve to celebrate it in style because you are a great professional. “