Martin Luther King JR Day quotes reflect the kindness, courageousness, love unity of Dr. Luther, a renowned leader. He is mostly known for his famous “I Have A Dream” speech. Not only this, he delivered limitless inspirational speeches throughout his public service career. When it is time to celebrate MLK day, many people eagerly search for his motivational speeches and quotes. Also, it is crucial to know the significance of this day. To learn about all this, go through our complete article.
Martin Luther King JR Day Quotes
Martin Luther, a famous name in the civil rights movement. He was a well-known activist and a prominent leader in that movement. People know him for his motivational words, speeches and writings.
All those acted as powerful inspirations to bring unbelievable changes in the movement. It is time to highlight the quotes regarding such a great man. Look through below to collect inspirational quotes and share them with your friends and family as much as you can.
25 Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes
1. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
2. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
3. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act. It is a permanent attitude.”
4. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
5. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
6. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’”
7. “Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.”
8. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
9. “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.”
10. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
11. “Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle.”
12. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.”
13. “There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”
14. “Let no man pull you so low as to hate him.”
15. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
16. “Intelligence plus character—that is the goal of true education.”
17. “Out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope.”
18. “The time is always right to do what is right.”
19. “Be a bush if you can’t be a tree. If you can’t be a highway, just be a trail. If you can’t be a sun, be a star. For it isn’t by size that you win or fail. Be the best of whatever you are.”
20. “We’ve got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn’t matter with me now because I’ve been to the mountaintop… I’ve looked over and I’ve seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land.”
21. “For when people get caught up with that which is right and they are willing to sacrifice for it, there is no stopping point short of victory.”
22. “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.”
23. “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
24. “There is nothing more tragic than to find an individual bogged down in the length of life, devoid of breadth.”
25. “Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will.”
Importance of Martin Luther King JR Day
Martin Luther King is the supreme honourable leader of American civil rights. He dedicated his whole life to ending racial segregation. Luther king acted as an advocate to stand up the racial equality in the United States. To achieve impartiality for people of all colours, he played a significant role.
The only aim of his life was to work for justice.He delivered such inspiring speeches, which motivated people to fight for equality and racial liberation. For this activism, he was awarded a Nobel Prize in 1964. In remembrance of his contribution, Martin Luther King JR is observed every year on the third Monday of January.
Now it’s the time to explore Dr King’s life and teachings to our young generation. Thus they will also know about such a great leader. By celebrating Dr.king’s day, it will be convenient to uphold his advocacy and what he has done to improve our world. Most importantly, it is the day of honour dedicated to this bravest man in America.
Martin Luther King JR Speeches
Now have a look through some of the powerful orations of Martin Luther King, which clearly reflects his legacy, courage, and unity:
“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”
“Keep feeling the need for being important. Keep feeling the need for being first. But I want you to be the first in love. I want you to be the first in moral excellence. I want you to be the first in generosity.”
“I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land.”
“Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.”
“I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
Words are too limited to express to honour Martin Luther in front of his long life activism. He will be still vivid in our hearts through his speeches, sermons, and writings.