Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day is a day of celebration during Breast Cancer Awareness Month that is observed with a view to shifting the focus of the breast cancer movement onto patients living metastatic breast cancer (MBC). The day helps a lot to create awareness and bring understanding to the most serious form of the disease. Many people primarily underestimate the fact that breast cancer itself can become deadly and they finally realize when it metastasizes or spreads outside of the breasts.
Metastatic breast cancer or MBC, also known as Stage IV or advanced breast cancer is cancer that has already spread outside of the breast to some other organs such as bones, lung, liver, or brain. Spreading this to several organs is called metastasis. Metastatic breast cancer is not a particular type of breast cancer, but rather it’s the most advanced stage.
Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day Date
Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day is celebrated on 13th October every year to raise awareness of this fatal disease. In 2022, about 2 million women found out they had breast cancer. It has now become the most common cancer in women and the second most common cancer overall. So it’s very much important to make people aware and understand so that they can fight against this properly. Below are some of the important facts about Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day.
- English Language Day
- National No Bra Day
- US Navy Birthday
- National M&M Day
- National Transfer Money to Your Son Day
Metastatic Breast Cancer Facts
|Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day Observance||13th October every year|
|Declaration of Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day||13th October, 2009|
|MBC affected women in the US||150,000 women at present|
|Purpose||Promoting awareness of this fatal disease|
Celebrate Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day
October is a month devoted to raising awareness of breast cancer, and making an impact upon millions of women and men in the United States and across the world. People willingly celebrate this Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day by participating in different conversations, seminars, events, etc. They also share and express their knowledge personally and in social media to spread the message of celebrating this day.
On this day, you can celebrate it by learning something new and sharing it with others. You can also contribute to the charity organizations which are working on this issue.
Metastatic Breast Cancer Quotes
“It drove home, personally, the value of early detection and education and intervention.”
Life’s better now. I wouldn’t it all over again, though. It’s funny how life works. Maybe it was meant to happen for many reasons, because my life in many ways is richer.
“The only person who can save you is you: that was going to be the thing that informed the rest of my life.”
“I always look on the positive side and in a weird way just thought of it as another adventure. not for a single second did it go through my head that I was going to die.”
—- Caroline Monk on how she stayed strong during her breast cancer battle
“Fight each round take it on the chin. And Never never never ever give in”
“I’m stringer than I thought I was. My favorite phrase has been “this too shall pass.” I now understand it really well”
—— Robin Roberts on her strength battling cancer
- “Breast cancer changes you, and the change can be beautiful.” – Jane Cook
- “Once I overcame breast cancer, I wasn’t afraid of anything anymore.” – Melissa Etheridge
- “There can be life after breast cancer. The prerequisite is early detection.” – Ann Jillian
- “Cancer is a word, not a sentence.” – John Diamond
- “Whether you’re a mother or father, or a husband or a son, or a niece or nephew or uncle, breast cancer doesn’t discriminate.” – Stephanie McMahon
- “Fight each round and take it on the chin. And never never never ever give in.” – Olivia Newton-John
- “It’s about focusing on the fight and not the fright.” – Robin Roberts
- “Joy shouldn’t go away because you have cancer.” – Mandi Hudson
- “Keep your sunny side up, keep yourself beautiful, and indulge yourself!” – Betsey Johnson
- “No matter what the statistics say, there is always.” – Bernie Sigel
- “Cancer doesn’t care, so you have to.” – Crystal Brown-Tatum
- “And if it comes back, I’ll keep fighting.” – Nicole Kramer
- “My diagnosis flung me into despair until it hit me: I’m alive.” – Dana Dinerman
- “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. So the only thing to really be afraid of is if you don’t go get your mammograms.” – Cynthia Nixon
- “The only person who can save you is you.” – Sheryl Crow
Breast Cancer Sayings
Quotes can be a powerful communication tool, but they may not be the right option for your breast cancer event or promotional items. A short saying about breast cancer can be a simple way to convey a compelling message that touches others and makes your event all the more memorable. Consider embracing one of the following breast cancer sayings for the promotional items at your next awareness or fundraising event:
- Pink Is Stronger Than You Think
- Cancer’s Tough, But So Are You
- Real Men Wear Pink
- Fight Like a Girl
- Losing Is Not An Option
- Let’s Get It Off Our Chests
- I Pink I Can!
- Cancer Can’t, But We Can
- Tell Breast Cancer to Step Aside
- Ladies, Check Yourself!
- Cancer, You Picked The Wrong Girl
- Got Pink?
- Stomp Out Breast Cancer
- Thanks For The Mammories
- Pink Is My Signature Color
Breast Cancer Awareness Slogans
Raising awareness of the scope and seriousness of this disease is one of the most important and impactful functions of breast cancer events and promotional items. Naturally, these slogans help raise awareness, but they can also educate people about the cause and make breast cancer fighters and survivors, as well as their loved ones, feel more united as a group working for a cure. There are many different breast cancer awareness slogans you can use, such as:
- Breast Cancer Awareness Is Not Just a Month
- Fighting Breast Cancer Takes Everyone
- Every Ribbon Makes A Difference
- Awareness Is Power
- Early Detection Saves Lives
- A Cure Worth Fighting For
- One Team. One Dream. Let’s Find A Cure.
- Feel For Lumps, Save Your Bumps
- No One Fights Alone
- Fight The Fight, Find The Cure
- Finding the Cure Starts With Hope
- Join The Fight, One Step At A Time
- Early Detection Is A Better Choice
- Hope, Strength, Love
- Early Detection For Your Protection
At least on Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day, we all should take responsibility to raise awareness and spread the love for those who are suffering from this disease. The day actually brings a great opportunity for all of us to educate ourselves about Metastatic Breast Cancer and share our knowledge and experience to improve the overall situation.