US Navy Birthday 2022: Theme, Quotes, Wishes, Messages, & History
US Navy Birthday is celebrated all over the country with great interest to recognize the bravery of our brave men and women who have been serving our country in the best possible ways to keep us secure and develop our country. The Continental Congress approved the first American naval force on October 13, 1775, which is the birth date of the US Navy. From that day, the long and prestigious heritage of the United States Navy started. On the occasion of this day, American citizens pay honor to their Naval Force and celebrate the day in much pride.
The United States Navy (USN) is one of the greatest pride for the United States. It’s also the naval warfare service branch of the United States Armed Forces. The U.S. Navy is at present the largest, most powerful, and advanced navy in the world, with the highest collective battle fleet tonnage.
The theme of this year’s Birthday celebration is “Resilient and Ready,” which speaks to the service, dedication and strength of both our Sailors and their families.
US Navy Birthday is observed on October 13 every year with a view to paying tribute to all the members and personnel in the US Navy for their brave contribution to the country. US Navy is the most admirable and capable navy in the world with not only the highest combined battle fleet tonnage but also the world’s largest aircraft carrier fleet, over 300,000 active personnel, and nearly 100,000 in the Ready Reserve.
- National No Bra Day
- English Language Day
- National M&M Day
- National Transfer Money to Your Son Day
- Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- 1775 – The Continental Congress votes for two vessels to be fitted out and armed with 10 carriage guns, a proportional number of swivel guns, and crews of 80 then sent out on a cruise of three months to intercept transports carrying munitions and stores to the British army in America. This legislation, out of which the Continental Navy grew, constitutes the birth of the U.S. Navy.
- 1862 –The Union yacht America seizes schooner David Crockett attempting to run the blockade out of Charleston with a cargo of turpentine and rosin.
- 1864 – Union bark Braziliera and screw-steamer Mary Sanford, both with the South Atlantic Blockading Squadron, send out a boat expedition that frees a number of slaves from a plantation on White Oak Creek, Ga.
- 1941 – The Bureau of Aeronautics directed the painting of all fleet aircraft non-specular light gray, except for surfaces seen from above, which were to be blue gray. Beginning in late December, this color scheme extended to shore-based airplanes, except trainers.
- 1944 – TBF (VC 9) aircraft of escort carrier USS Card (CVE 11) sink the German submarine U-402, which had previously sunk 15 Allied vessels, including USS Cythera (PY 26).
Celebrating US Navy birthday means a lot for our prestigious force and our country. On this day, we take the opportunity to cordially thank our brave persons and appreciate their good works. To observe this day, you can join the US Navy personnel as they celebrate their history and military heritage. You can also visit the US Nave Memorial in Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington, D.C.
Going to a tour on the naval ships is also an outstanding experience to observe this day. You can also have a tour of a maritime museum with your family or friends to learn about the US Navy and its history.
“It follows then, as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious.” —President George Washington
“A good Navy is not a provocation to war. It is the surest guaranty of peace.” —President Theodore Roosevelt
“I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: ‘I served in the United States Navy.'” —President John F. Kennedy
“The Navy has both a tradition and a future—and we look with pride and confidence in both directions.” —Admiral George Anderson
“A powerful Navy we have always regarded as our proper and natural means of defense, and it has always been of defense that we have thought, never of aggression or of conquest. But who shall tell us now what sort of Navy to build? We shall take leave to be strong upon the seas, in the future as in the past, and there will be no thought of offense or provocation in that. Our ships are our natural bulwarks.” —President Woodrow Wilson
1. Shipmates, this year we are celebrating the Navy’s 247th Birthday.
2. The theme of this year’s Birthday celebration is “Resilient and Ready,” which speaks to the service, dedication and strength of both our Sailors and their families.
3. America’s need for a strong Navy is rooted in our past and has never been more important. Indeed, providing a safe, secure, and stable maritime system is an essential part of what our Navy does every day. We are not simply the “keeper of the seas” but the “keeper of the global way of life” as well. WE are the primary guarantors of peace, prosperity, and maintain the open flow of goods on the oceans.
4. Through every deployment and PCS move, spouses often endure separations, as well as shoulder the day-to-day responsibilities of managing and running a household – along with their own careers.
5. While our ships and submarines are made of steel, our Sailors and their families are the lifeblood of our force, and at the heart of our birthday celebration.
6. So today, for the seen and unseen responsibilities you ALL carry, and for the daily sacrifices you ALL make. Thank you.
7. Happy 247th Birthday, Shipmates. See you in the Fleet.
8. These actions marked the growth of the United States Navy. Then in the Revolutionary War, the change was lifted up. Hence, with more efforts, the Navy Birthday is organized and commemorated.
9. There are nearly 40 naval bases all over the United States.
10. The world’s most robust and largest Naval platform is the Norfolk in Norfolk, Virginia.
11. More involvement grew during World War II, and then submarines were also made part of the naval events. This provided more power and ensured safety marking the Naval Birthday to the next level.
♥ It is the Navy’s love for the country and its people that drive it to be such a powerful and inspirational force. Navy, happy birthday!
♥ Navy Day is an occasion to honor and be grateful to those who safeguard our waters from our adversaries.
♥ We are safe because our navy is there to protect us at all times. Navy, happy birthday.
♥ Navy is the surest surety of peace. Happy Birthday, Navy.
♥ Happy Navy Birthday to everyone in attendance throughout the world.
♥ A very happy naval birthday to all the government employees and citizens in attendance.
♥ Freedom of thought and expression, pride in our hearts, memories in our souls, Congratulations on Naval Day!
♥ We are protected because our navy is always there to defend us. Congratulations on Naval Day.
♥ We are a large country that stretches from sea to land and has a powerful fleet. Congratulations on Naval Day!
♥ We should visit the ship monument or other activities commemorating maritime history. Happy Naval Day
♥ Happy US Navy Day to our officers, who have always made us proud… Let us all express our appreciation for their achievements in the country.
♥ Let us mark the one-of-a-kind occasion that is US Naval Day by thanking all naval officers for defending our waterways.” Happy United States Navy Day!
♥ Warm greetings on US Naval Day to the dedicated and inspiring naval officers who protect and secure our country.
♥ “Happy US Navy Day to all of our sailors and citizens.” On this day, let us remember and respect all of our navy troops.
♥ On this US Navy Day, let us honor everyone who works so hard and provides so much to safeguard our country. Happy United States Navy Day!
♦ Nobody’s freedom is safe until everyone’s freedom is protected! Happy Naval Day
♦ A free and independent country is a legitimate country!
♦ I thank the heroes who granted me my liberty.
♦ Pay our respects to the true heroes who gave their lives for our liberty.
♦ We stand as one when we unite; when we divide, we all collapse.
♦ Join Hands in Hands, Brave United States of America’s People,
♦ We can view the sunrise and hear the river water sound happily because we have freedom.
♦ Our country is magnificent, and it is quite grand.
♦ I adore this country, from the sea to the beach!
♦ Let our American Navy inspire us to love our country and keep it secure.
♦ Our seas are protected because our heroes patrol them 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
♦ We know there is nothing to be afraid of when they are around.
♦ Our waterways would not have been secure without their efforts and hard work.
♦ Happy American Navy Day to everyone!
♦ Thank you, naval soldiers, for defending our maritime frontiers with your unbreakable spirit and fearless bravery.
♦ Salute to the colors red, white, and blue. Our flag may continue to fly in peace indefinitely.
♦ May God continue to increase this country’s splendor.
♦ Let the American Navy inspire us to constantly love and protect our nation.
♦ There are no extraordinary guys; only uncommon circumstances that traditional men must deal with. Constantly giving, just like our seamen.
♦ The Navy communicates with visuals, and you may interpret what the words imply.
The Navy is much more than a job; it is far more than the country’s administration. #navalbirthday #daytocelebrate
It is a way of life. It enters your bloodstream. #happybirthdaynavy #salute #youaregreat
Let us be inspired by our naval heroes to love and defend our nation. #inspiration #sacrifices #heroes #navalbirthday
-Pay our respects to the true heroes who gave their lives for our chance. #payrespect #salutethenation #trueheroes
-To see my flag flying high brings a tear to my eye! #usnavy #navyday #celebrate #salute
-Every day, I pray for the well-being of those who keep our rivers safe. #thankyou #keepingussafe
-It takes more than bravery to enlist. #enlist #navyday #navalbirthday #bravery
-It is an opportunity to appreciate and be grateful to those who defend our waters from enemies. #salute #begrateful #ourchance #beappreciating
October 13 marks the US Navy birthday that traces its roots back to the early days of the American Revolution. On the occasion of this day, we thank and salute to the United States Navy for their great works. Finally, we are going to end this article with a quote “A good Navy is not a provocation to war. It is the surest guaranty of peace.” – Theodore Roosevelt.