Diabetes is a challenging condition to manage. The daily management waves can occasionally become too much to handle. Diabetes distress is becoming a bigger problem. Therefore, World Diabetes Day likes to spread information about this condition and offer practical advice on how mindfulness for diabetes can aid in thought management. Diabetes UK sponsors World Diabetes Day on November 14 in an effort to increase public understanding of the disease and provide support for people who are affected by it. The charity’s objectives are to raise awareness of the danger of type 2 diabetes and the warning indicators to watch out for.
What is National Diabetes Day?
The International Diabetes Foundation and the World Health Organization initially established World Diabetes Day on November 14 of each year. Diabetes is a chronic condition in which the pancreas produces little to no insulin. Every year, World Diabetes Day is observed to raise awareness of issues that are extremely important to the diabetes community. The theme for 2021 to 2024 is “Access to Diabetes Care,” a subject close to our hearts.
World Diabetes Day History
In response to mounting worries about the disease’s rising threat to public health, the International Diabetes Foundation (IDF) and the World Health Organization (WHO) created World Diabetes Day in 1991.
With the adoption of a resolution to this effect, the United Nations formally recognized World Diabetes Day in 2006.
World Diabetes Day: Theme for 2024
Each year, a unique theme is chosen, and for World Diabetes Day 2024, the focus is on ‘Empowering Global Health’.
This year, 2024, the World Diabetes Day theme is “Empowering Global Health”
The theme for world Diabetes day 2024 is “Education to protect tomorrow” which is a combined theme under the World Diabetes Day 2021-23 campaign “Access to Diabetes Care “
The theme focuses on intensive diabetes education for healthcare professionals and diabetes patients which can help make access to quality educational platforms easy and help encourage people to early diagnosis and better lifestyle and preventive tips to prevent the onset of the disease.
World Diabetes Day Significance
Since consequences are far less frequent and less severe in people who have well-managed blood sugar levels, it is crucial to understand the diabetes mellitus condition and actively participate in its treatment.
The IDF lists a few methods that people can get engaged in diabetes awareness campaigns as follows:
- Working with regional or federal policymakers to guarantee that all diabetics have access to the care they require.
2. Planning a diabetes education event for students in classrooms.
3. Planning or taking part in a neighborhood diabetes awareness walk.
4. Creating a diabetes awareness activity with coworkers or lighting up a local landmark, house, or place of business in blue.
World Diabetes Day Activities
On World Diabetes Day, people with diabetes, medical professionals, diabetes advocates, the media, the general public, and governmental organizations come together to promote diabetes awareness. Your involvement is essential to the campaign’s success, both before and after November 14th. Participating can be thrilling and incredibly rewarding!
There are several ways to support the campaign and bring attention to the demand for more diabetes education:
- Take advantage of our free courses and training from the IDF School of Diabetes to improve your knowledge of diabetes.
- By using our online tool to write a message to your national health minister or another decision-maker, you can support our plea to policymakers.
- Share our survey that examines access to diabetes education among medical professionals and people living with diabetes to support our study on access to diabetes education.
- Display our visual resources by downloading and putting up banners, posters, and infographics around your neighborhood.
- Plan a fundraiser by organizing a local diabetes fair, a blue walk, or a landmark lighting. Online activity and image submission are encouraged.
- Take a selfie with the blue diabetes circle and post it online to tell your diabetes story.
World Diabetes Day Quotes
“Diabetes sounds like you’re going to die when you hear it. I was immediately frightened. But once I got a better idea of what it was and that is was something I could manage myself, I was comforted.”- Nick Jonas
“One thing that you really have to do is move forward. You’ve gotta really tackle this. You can’t be a passive patient.”- Dr. Phill McGraw
(on insulin injections) “It’s just like sitting down to the make up table – I’ve got this I’m going to put on, have a drink of coffee, you know – it’s part of your routine.”- Mary Tyler Moore
“Everybody’s going to have some degree of health problems, and as we get older I think we’ve gotta maintain.”- Tom Hanks
“People think it’s hard to cut out sugar, but it can be done. You just have to put some effort in.”- Halle Berry
“With diabetes, there are so many things that you learn that you didn’t think you wanted to know, but now you have this disease, you’ve gotta do it.”- Randy Jackson
- “The way to deal with the devil of obesity and diabetes is literally one day at a time.” ― Stephen Furst.
- “Diabetes taught me discipline.”― Sonia Sotomayor.
- “We have diabetes. It gets to come along with us, it doesn’t get to stop us.” ― Chris Olsen.
- “Diabetes is a great example whereby, giving the patient the tools, you can manage yourself very well.” ― Clayton M. Christensen.
- “Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.” ― Buddha.
World Diabetes Day Awareness Slogans
Unlike viruses, bacteria, and infectious diseases, diabetes is not a disease. Either your genes or your lifestyle is to blame. Therefore, education rather than immunization is needed to help prevent it. The norm is to educate people to eat well, recognize early warning signs, and not take anything for granted.
Here are some diabetes-related slogans to promote a healthy lifestyle among the next generation.
- “Begin to take a stand against the global medical issue before it starts to affect you.”
- “Go Sugar-Free, go diabetes free.”
- Know Diabetes, Fight Diabetes.
- “Stay away from sugar-coated people and sugar-coated food.”
- Keep calm and ask about Diabetes.
- You can never know too much when it comes to your health.
- Be pleasant to diabetics; we manage enough pricks as of now.
- Avoid sweetness for your betterment.
- Diabetes is an incredible precedent whereby, by giving the patient the devices, you can oversee yourself extremely well.
- Life isn’t over on the grounds that you have diabetes. Capitalize on what you have, be appreciative.
World Diabetes Day Wishes, Messages
There are so many lives we lose every year to diabetes and that is what we need to control. Let us make everyone aware of diabetes on the occasion of World Diabetes Day.
On the occasion of World Diabetes Day, let us come together to make everyone around us aware of the challenges of this disease. Warm wishes on World Diabetes Day.
If there is diabetes in our lives then we cannot live a happy and comfortable life. Let us fight against it and aim for a healthier life. Warm wishes on World Diabetes Day to everyone.
For most of us, diabetes is a lifestyle disease and therefore, we can control it in many ways. Wishing everyone a very Happy World Diabetes Day.
The occasion of World Diabetes Day reminds us all that we must not take this disease lightly as it can affect our lives in various ways. Wishing a very Happy World Diabetes Day.
Let us celebrate the occasion of World Diabetes Day by coming together and taking a vow that we will work towards eradicating it from our lives. Happy World Diabetes Day to all.
The occasion of World Diabetes Day is a reminder to all of us that we need to take care of ourselves from this life threatening disease. Happy World Diabetes Day.
World Diabetes Day WhatsApp status
Laughter is the best medicine. But if you have diabetes you should try insulin. Wish you a happy and safe World Diabetes Day.
Wishing you all the happiness and sweetness but no Diabetes….. May you have a healthy and joyous life….. Happy World Diabetes Day!!!
May your life is filled with all the goodness and smiles to make it a sweet life…. Wishing you good health on World Diabetes Day.
May World Diabetes Day be full of joy and smiles for you and loved ones….!!!!
Less of sugar means more of happiness….. Best wishes on World Diabetes Day!!!
On the occasion of World Diabetes Day, I wish you sweetness in life and not in blood…. Have a wonderful on International Diabetes Day.
You don’t have to take the whole staircase; all you need to do is take the first step. On this World Diabetes Day take your first step towards recovery.
Wishing you all the sweetness in life with no sugar in your veins…. Happy World Diabetes Day.
Even if you have diabetes, don’t let diabetes have you. Take control of your own life and help to improve the future. Wish you a happy and safe World Diabetes Day.