Forgiveness is a conscious act and for those who have been hurt by others, it can be hard when you know the scars left behind. Relationships can be emotionally intense, filled with history and memories, and can impact your life without you even realizing it. When relationships fall apart, they can hurt and the pain can last forever. International Forgive an Ex Day is all about taking the time to reflect on your own pain and move forward by forgiving the actions of others.
National Forgive an Ex Day Summary
|Forgive an Ex Day Observance
|17th October every year
|Forgive an Ex Day was Introduced in
|Word Forgive an Ex Day Originated in
|Purpose of Forgive an Ex Day
|To change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.
History of International Forgive an Ex Day
International Forgive an Ex Day provides insight into pain and relationships. This holiday is all about finding the insight you need to move past the mental trauma of a broken relationship, no matter how long it lasted. Typically, during this holiday, participants take an active choice to seek advice about forgiveness, whether that be going to a friend or seeing a counselor. Knowing that the path to healing can be long and hard, this holiday can be used as a start towards forgiveness or as a final conclusion towards forgiving your ex-lover.
From there, after making the effort to forgive your ex, it is up to the individual to choose how to move forward from there. This holiday challenges you over how you perceive people in life and encourages people all over the world to start the path to forgiveness. It’s all about self-reflection and healing, so whether you can find the courage and peace of mind to forgive your ex-lover can take time. This is also a time to help others forgive their ex’s by giving them advice about forgiveness.
How to celebrate International Forgive an Ex Day
If you want to celebrate this holiday, then take the chance to talk to your ex to see how they are doing. If you’re not ready to speak with them, take the time to examine yourself and your position in life. In the meanwhile, speak with a counselor about this path to forgiveness and find advice from all sources, from friends and family to professional help. Share this holiday with your friends and family on your favorite social media websites using the hashtag #internationalforgiveanexday and see if this holiday can help others share their experiences about their ex’s and help them forgive the past.
Forgive an Ex Day Status, Quotes, Messages, Wishes
- Forgiving is not forgetting. It’s letting go of the hurt. — Kathy
- Forgiving is the easy part…learning to trust again is the challenge. — Unknown
- “Caring too much, forgiving too easily and finding it hard to move on…” Unknown
- Some people will never apologize for something that hurt you because it never mattered to them. Not forgiving them only hurts yourself more. — Unknown
- People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what’s bitter & move on. — Unknown
- The only thing I can talk about is just forgiving yourself, because I do not have everything together. And so I tell people: No, you should see my house, it’s a mess. — Susan Sarandon
- Spilling every lie you’ve spilled before, Still I’m not forgiving you. What’s happened between us? What can I give to save us? — Asking Alexandria
- People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what’s bitter and move on. — Bill Cosby
- “The secret of forgiving everything is to understand nothing” — George Bernard Shaw
- “People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what’s bitter and move on.” — Bill Cosby
- Democracies, unlike dictatorships, are forgiving and generous, but they cannot survive unless they fight.– Jalal Talabani
Celebrating the day is gaining much popularity not only in the United States but all in the world as almost everyone remember theirs EX a lot.