National Edge Day is celebrated all over the country with great interest and importance. Celebrating the day is very crucial for promoting a great movement of youth abstaining from using alcohol, tobacco, and other harmful or recreational drugs. Teens and adults across the country pledge to live a safer and cleaner lifestyle as a part of the straight edge movement. A large number of people who follow the movement also refrain from having unhealthy foods and recreational sex.
National Edge Day Date
National Edge Day is celebrated on 17th October every year across the country. This day is very much popular among people of all ages and professions for many reasons. One of the best reasons is that people get an excuse to avoid using health destructing alcohol, drugs, tobacco, unhealthy food, and recreational sex. Celebrating the day spreads the message that there is no meaning in spending life in such activities. Life is for making it valuable by doing something great for family, society, country, people, and the world.
- National Pay Back a Friend Day
- Black Poetry Day
- Happy National Pasta Day
- International Forgive an Ex Day
Happy Edge Day 2022
National Edge Day is very much popular not only in our country but also in some other countries in the world. There are some interesting and important facts associated with the day. The day encourages teens, youth, and all level of people who choose to live a happy life and take a straight edge lifestyle. It is true that if a person can avoid some harmful activities, he or she can make life better than before. Some of the important and interesting facts about the day are as follows:
- People had begun to take the concept of living the straight edge lifestyle in 1980 though the movement got traction in the 1990s.
- The Straight Edge movement first launched in 1999 with an event held in Boston, Massachusetts.
- The movement was held under the name of Edge Fest.
- The objective of celebrating the day is discouraging people to use and take alcohol, drugs, tobacco, unhealthy food, and recreational sex.
- The movement was formed by getting inspiration from the song “Straight Edge” by the 1980s hardcore punk band, Minor Threat.
How to Celebrate National Edge Day?
Different people celebrate National Edge Day in different ways. One of the best ways to celebrate the day is by not taking all the harmful things mentioned above. It is a great day to take the oath to give up all such unfair means for the rest of life. Instead of taking alcohol, many people observe the day by taking lemon juice or other favorite juices or soft drinks. Another way that people follow to celebrate the day is to go straight edge together. Many people also share tips and experience so other people can feel positive and motivated all day.
National Edge Day 2022: Wishes, Quotes, Messages
- Happy National Edge Day to everyone. There is always a better way to live our lives and that is without alcohol, drugs and tobacco.
- Alcohols and drugs have done no good to anyone and therefore, we must quit them for a better life. Warm wishes on National Edge Day.
- Wishing everyone on the occasion of National Edge Day. It is a great idea to support those who are struggling for a life beyond alcohol and drugs.
- Drugs and alcohol have done more damage than we can think of. Warm wishes on National Edge Day.
- On the occasion of National Edge Day, let us come together and make this day a memorable one by giving up these harmful things.
- Happy National Edge Day to everyone. Refraining from alcohol and tobacco is the best mantra to live life
No matter how you spend your life, National Edge Day brings a good opportunity for you to change your life and have a straight edge lifestyle. If you can motivate yourself with the objective of the day, you can make the rest of your life happy and cheerful. We wish you a happy and prosperous life on this day.