Happy Jamhuri Day is celebrated in Kenya that is also called Independence Day of Kenya. Jamhuri day is one of the most significant national holidays in Kenya. The day is observed on December 12 every year all over the country with a view to celebrating the joy of independence. The word ‘Jamhuri’ comes from the Swahili word meaning “republic”.
The holiday is meant to officially mark the date when Kenya became an independent republic and obtained its independence from Great Britain which happened on 12th December 1963.
Happy Jamhuri Day Date
Happy Jamhuri Day is on 12th December which is also known as Independence Day of Kenya. The day formally marks the date of the country’s permission in 1964 into the Commonwealth as a republic country. Kenya officially became a British colony in 1920 under British rule since the late 19th century. Under British rule, the colonial authority opposed African demands for a greater role in the political process and it then led the Africans to their demand for independence in the early 1960s.
Some important facts and details of Happy Jamhuri Day are mentioned in the table below.
|Happy Jamhuri Day Observance||12th December every year|
|Happy Jamhuri Day is also known as||Independence Day of Kenya|
|Kenya got Independence in||1963|
|Kenya got Independence from||Great Britain|
|The name of the president of Kenya at that time||Jomo Kenyatta|
|The word ‘Jamhuri’ comes from||Swahili word meaning “republic”|
|Kenya became the member of the Commonwealth in||1964|
|Purpose of Happy Jamhuri Day Observance||To celebrate the joy of independence|
Celebrate Happy Jamhuri Day
Kenya celebrates Happy Jamhuri Day every year on December 12 marking two key events in the history of the country. The first one is Kenya becomes a republic on 12 December 1964, and the second one is Kenya got its independence from the United Kingdom a year earlier on 12 December 1963. People of all ages and professions from Kenya celebrate the day with great enthusiasm.
Since Jamhuri Day has much historical significance, every Kenyan celebrates the holiday to some extent. They celebrate the day with feasts, political speeches, parades, and dancing, etc. Government and private organizations, businesses and educational institutions, and individuals arrange different seminars, events, and programs on this day to celebrate it nationwide.
Remember this during this Jamhuri Day Celebrations, “Some birds are not meant to be caged, that’s all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”
Happy Jamhuri Day Wishes
Below are some of the Happy Jamhuri Day wishes for you so you can celebrate the day in style.
Happy Jamhuri Day! May this special day bring joy, unity, and prosperity to you and your loved ones. Let the spirit of freedom and independence inspire you to strive for a brighter and more successful future. Wishing you a day filled with celebrations, pride, and a deep sense of national unity. Happy Jamhuri Day!
- “Live with freedom or choose to die: Death is not the worst of evils.” Wishing you a happy Jamhuri Day!!
- “Nothing is more difficult in the world, and at the same time nothing is more precious than being able to decide.” Happy Jamhuri Day to you!!
- “Freedom is not given, it is taken.” This is one of the greatest lessons we learn from Jamhuri Day. Happy Jamhuri Day!!
- On this Jamhuri Day, may the spirit of freedom and unity fill your heart with joy and pride. Happy Jamhuri Day!
- Wishing you a day of celebration, reflection, and gratitude for the freedom we cherish. Happy Jamhuri Day!
- May the colors of the flag and the rhythm of the anthem fill your day with a sense of patriotism. Happy Jamhuri Day to you and your family!
- Celebrate the essence of independence and the beauty of our nation. Happy Jamhuri Day!
- As we mark this special day, may the bonds of unity strengthen and the spirit of progress guide us towards a brighter future. Happy Jamhuri Day!
- Sending warm wishes on Jamhuri Day! May the ideals of freedom and democracy continue to flourish in our great nation.
- Happy Jamhuri Day! Let’s rejoice in the progress and achievements of our country, and look forward to a future filled with prosperity.
- On this Jamhuri Day, let’s honor the sacrifices of our forefathers and appreciate the freedom we enjoy today. Happy celebrations!
- May the joy of independence fill your heart and the pride of being a part of this nation resonate in your spirit. Happy Jamhuri Day!
- Wishing you a day filled with laughter, love, and a deep sense of national pride. Happy Jamhuri Day to you and your loved ones!
Happy Jamhuri Day Quotes
“If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. Jamhuri Day reminds us of our freedoms we fought for!”
“Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. Sikukuu Njema”
“During this Jamhuri Day, lets remember that; for to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.”
“I do not agree with what you have to say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it.” Let this Jamhuri Day remind us to fight for others and the weak.
Happy Jamhuri Day Quotes, SMS, Messages, Wishes, Images, Pictures, 2023 Celebrations Presidential Speech, Jokes Kenya, Funny Quotes, Video, Songs, Photos, History, Venue, Public Holiday Meaning, News
Let this be our today’s Jamhuri Day quote. “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” This is what our independence heroes sacrificed for us. Happy Jamhuri Day 2023.
Happy Jamhuri Day Messages
Happy Jamhuri Day messages Let’s salute the sacrifices made by freedom fighters who made us realize the dream of an independent and unified Kenya.
Here’s wishing you and your family a safe and happy Jamhuri Day.
Our freedom fighters endured countless sufferings to give Kenyans their freedom. It’s a day to remember and honour them. Have a happy Jamhuri Day!
The strength of a nation lies in the minds of its people. Happy Independence Day.
Freedom is our birth right, but was snatched away from us. Our nation earned this freedom after making great sacrifices. Let’s never take it for granted!
Wishing you a lovely Jamhuri day!
Happy Jamhuri Day 2023 Images
On the occasion of Happy Jamhuri Day, the president of Kenya addresses the nation and provides awards to individuals in recognition of their distinguished and outstanding services rendered to the country. The day brings a lot of joy to everyone in the country.