Happy Oman National Day wishes for all Omani people across the world. It is the eve of one of the most important days which is celebrated to recall the history of being independent of Portugal 369 years ago. It is also the 49th Happy Oman National Day since the Sultan Qaboos bin Said has ridden the throne. It is his majesty’s 79th birthday too.
Happy Oman National Day 2019
Happy Oman National Day is observed on 18 November every year. This year, it is going to be the 49th Oman National Day.
49 Oman National Day Facts
Here are some interesting facts about Happy Oman National Day.
- Oman gained independence from Portugal on 18 November 1650.
- His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said started his Sultanate 49 years ago, in this day on 18 November 1970.
- This is His Majesty’s 79th birthday. He was born in 1940.
- Independence from Portugal in 1650 makes Oman the oldest independent state in the Arab world.
How Omanis Celebrate National Holiday Day?
Oman is now adorned with flags and festoons, lights and sounds just before the start of their Happy Oman National Day Parade. The parade will cross the Muscat roads which will be presided over by His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said.
Occasionally people decorate their houses and cars regarding this day. There are shining lights and colorful festoons across the roads and buildings of Muscat. The Municipality has taken over the responsibility of decorating the city.
This will be followed by eye-blinking firework shows in many places. They will show their history and glory of Oman through these fireworks. There will be more activities like discussions, parties, camel races, equestrian shows, marine festivals, concerts, games, and many more.
Brief History of Happy Oman National Day
The Portuguese came to Oman in 1507 and they fortified the Muscat to use as a port from which they were trading to India. But as they were exploiting Omani people, Omanis were unhappy and a group named “Al-Ya’ribi” agreed on a treaty with the British East India Company to allow the British access in their ports.
This weakened the Portuguese control in Omani ports. Eventually, on 18 November 1650, Imam Sultan Bin Saif led a rebellion that drove away the Portuguese and Oman got independence.
Oman National Day Wishes, Greetings Messages
“Many lives were sacrificed, many battles were fought before we finally got independent…. Today is a very special day and warm wishes on Oman Independence Day to you.”
“Today we can enjoy freedom and independence, enjoy the comforts and rights we are given as a citizen…. Wishing you a very Happy Oman Independence Day my dear.”
“A country is not just a piece of land but a home for many people who deserve to be independent and free…. On that note, wishing a very Happy Oman Independence Day to all.”
“They gave away everything to give us an independent nation and we must also work hard to leave a nation our generations will always be proud of…. Warm wishes on Oman Independence Day.”
“Independence comes with responsibility and on Oman Independence Day, we as the citizens Oman must fulfill all our responsibilities to keep our nation safe and growing.”
Short 49th Oman National Day 2019 Messages
1. Let’s salute the nation.
2. I pledge that the labor of our past heroes shall not be in vain.
3. Feel proud of being part of a prosperous nation.
4. Happy National Day.
5. Nothing is as good as being a National and self-sustaining nation.
6. Best wishes on National Day.
7. Wishing you a happy National Day.
8. Happy birthday our dear country.
9. Enjoy the freedom to the fullest.
10. Let’s remember all past heroes who fought for our freedom and unity.
11. May God continue to uplift the country’s glory!
12. May Allah bless our country!
13. Pleased to be born in a free country.
14. We have demonstrated to our colonial masters that we are worthy of independence.
15. Today is a very special day for the nation and its people.
Wishing again a Happy Oman National Day celebration for the Omani people. May their stable sultanate live long and they have a blast.